Nave's will not upgrade

Steven Foster

When running 'Check for Updates' I get Nave's Topical Bible Version 2.4 available (current Version 2.3). Each time I download and install the upgrade, and then check for updates again Version 2.4 shows as still available.

Checking the version information shows the installed version as still 2.3.

Incidentally, the link given in the updater for further details (http://www.accordancebible.com/store/details/?pid=Nave%26%2339%3Bsjj) opens a page that says 'The item you are seeking is not available.'

Is there a problem with this update?

Hi, we saw this problem in a closed forum as well, so I will repost my instructions to make this work (I hope :-) )

Have you tried deleting it from your library pane, and also the User/{your user name}/Library/Application Support/Modules/Tools directory and using Easy Install to reinstall it?

I know it still means the update isn't "right" and we need to know about it, but this usually fixes problems like this.

As to the UBS4 apparatus, it's not showing up as an upgrade for me. As I said, I have v1.0 which I think means its the latest version unless it was updated without a version bump.

(P.S. Sometimes you will find your Tools folder in Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Modules/Tools)

• Like 1

I'd been having the same problem, and this fixed it. However, the path to the file was /Library/Application Support/Accordance/Modules/Tools. You've left out Accordance after Application Support.

John

• Like 1

Deleting and reinstalling worked for me. One issue is that Nave's was part of a starter package that also installed other books I do not want on my computer. Having the ability to select modules within a package would be wonderful. Of course not a priority like retina display etc.

Aaah, of course. Sorry for the eerror on my part guys.

Glad it fixed it for you.

Thank you, Ken. That has sorted out the problem.

Thanks also to John Brownie for providing the correct path to the problem file.

Great to have these forums. Responses are so quick and knowledgeable.