Brill Septuagint Commentary Series

Abram K-J

• 2 months later...

James--I forgot you were at TWU (I'd seen it in your signature before). I just heard about that course the other day. Sounds great--unless there are significant scholarships available (which I wouldn't expect), I won't be able to attend... but not for lack of desire!

• 2 years later...

Has there been any response from Accordance about the Brill series? I just “liked” your request for the John William Wevers comments as well. Presently, from what I can find Accordance has nothing available in the way of LXX commentaries, correct? :-(

Edited by Susan
  • Like 1

Has there been any response from Accordance about the Brill series? I just “liked” your request for the John William Wevers comments as well. Presently, from what I can find Accordance has nothing available in the way of LXX commentaries, correct? :-(

I believe that is for the most part true, though that's more a reflection of what exists by way of Septuagint commentaries even in print. The Brill LXX commentaries that exist so far are (you guessed it) expensive, and I'm not sure Brill is licensing any of their stuff to any other companies for electronic development.

• 2 weeks later...

Brill is notoriously expensive but usually very good. Probably too cost prohibitive.

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Seeing the near-availability of the 13 published volumes of the Septuagint Commentary Series (Brill) in another electronic format makes me wonder whether Accordance has considered pursuing this series?

It wouldn't be the first Brill offering in Accordance, but I'm sure it wouldn't be cheap, either to license or purchase.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

+1 for both the Brill and SBL LXX commentaries for Accordance, otherwise the only option is Logos :(

+1