Interlinear Problem

Mark Nigro

I don't normally use the interlinear but wanted to test something yesterday and stumbled upon some strange behavior. When I open the interlinear in the BHS-W4, portions of the transliterated text run off the margin of the pane, causing some of it to be unviewable. Widening the pane doesn't help, it just changes what parts of the text disappear. Magnifying the whole tab space to full screen does let me see all the text, but it results in the transliterated words splitting rather than remaining whole or even hyphening. Notice the screen shot where the text gets cut off to the left margin in normal pane view.

post-29340-0-78300700-1355465249_thumb.jpg

Hi Mark,

sorry to say I can't make this happen (of course) using either the BHS-W4, or the newer HMT-W4. May I ask why you aren't using the HMT-W4? It is a free upgrade (though you have to order it...for free) and is an improved text over the BHS-W4.

Ken, thanks for trying! LOL.

I do in fact have the HMT-W4 and use it. Just happened to have the BHS running for this. More habit than conscious preference, really.

But, I am putting up another screen shot because, even with the HMT-W4, as you'll see, the problem persists. As we say in Italy when unsure what to respond, "Boah!"

post-29340-0-50900100-1355498070_thumb.jpg

• 10 months later...

Hi, I'm wondering if there's any solution to this problem? In my attachment, you'll see that the interlinear gets cut off... in the first line, the last 4 words are completely missing, but what's more chaotic is the ending of verse 8, which is towards the right side of the screenshot - even between verses, the interlinear gets cut off!

I've tried various text display (separate verses, separate paragraphs), tried different font sizes.. tried expanding my window... something somewhere would disappear anyhow. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

It's not a MAJOR problem, I'd admit - because I can still mouse over for instant details, but it gets a little frustrating that the interlinear isn't as useful as it could be. Help!

post-31560-0-86508900-1382325986_thumb.png

I believe this is actually a bug - it seems in certain cases its not splitting up the lines properly, so they end up being a lot wider than necessary! For example, the 'indp1comsg' really should have spaces and be on multiple lines. We'll investigate.