Default User tool format appears stuck

Λύχνις Δαν

Hi ya,

I am trying to import some HTML (and some txt docs actually and it happens with both) and when the text comes in its got huge interline spacing. After a tip from a previous post on this I found that the Set Tool Display was set up for custom and with 200% line spacing. In most cases reverting it to Default and correcting the spacing is all that's required. But I don't seem to be able to correct it for new imports. I checked my preferences for Tool Display and its set to Default with text size 16 and line spacing 0 in Helvetica Neue Light.

I must be missing something. Perhaps this is not the default used for new imports. If it isn't, could you let me know what does control that ?

Thx

D

BTW, forgot to say this is Accordance 10.1.1 on OSX 10.8.2 on a late 2009 iMac.

Have you set the default for the first user tool and for the first tool in the Library? One of these should affect the imported tool.

Hi Helen,

Thanx for this. Its a little odd but I think I know what's going on at least in part. I had created a folder under My Tools which was the first thing in My Tools. If I set the Tool Display for the Sample tool (the one that comes with Accordance) to Default and place it immediately under My Tools and thus above my folder, then imports pick up that style. And I could not set a Default Display for the folder either My Tools or my own folder, though that would make a reasonable way to derive a default for imported content. Depending upon the first tool in My Tools for the default display is a little arcane I think particularly given that a Default tool display style is present in the preferences. I'm not sure if its doc'd anywhere but I couldn't find it. Actually I find in the doc something rather to contrary file:///Applications/Accordance.app/Contents/Resources/Accordance%20Help/Default.htm#topics/10_ref/db/set_tool_display_for_xxx_db.htm where it says "

Note

Default display for all Tool modules and Users Tools is set in the Tool Display area of the Preferences dialog box."

And while it does not specify that new imports will apply this style it certainly gave me that impression.

And perhaps there is something peculiar in the case where a folder is the first User Tool because it cannot have an assigned display style. I'll probably try more tests on this one.

Many thanx for the help.

D

Hi Helen, All,

So I tried a simple test. I added a folder Foo to my user tools so it was the first thing in My Tools. I then did an import and got the odd default format I've been seeing. Removing that folder so that the Sample tool with a decent default is first and redoing the import I see the expected behaviour.

I've attached the images of the folder, the imported result and the Set Tool Display ... dialog for the imported file.

Thx

D

ImportedResult.tiff

MyTools.tiff

ToolDisplay.tiff