3 replies to this topic

#1 Chairsteleios

Chairsteleios

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:59 AM

If this feature already exists please let me know where to find it!  I searched all over the help section.  

Accordance has a great highlighting feature.  I love the ability to create and customize different highlighting formats.  For instance, I have a style dedicated to texts that I have a question about/want to study in depth at a later date.  I have a style dedicated to Purpose Statements ("For my name's sake I defer my anger," "to the praise of the glory of His grace," etc).  

Is there a way then (and if not I'm requesting it) to view all highlights for a particular text or module?

For instance, with my Nook I can view a list of all highlights for an entire book and a separate list of all bookmarks.  This way if I'm reading through a lengthy work of Jonathan Edwards or John Owen and highlight multiple sections I can view them in a list format, put in order of page number.  Then if I click on one of the highlights it links me directly to the highlighted section in its context.  

This would be amazing!  We all know how cumbersome it is to find something we highlighted in a paperbound book!  And if we could access a list of all our highlights and sort them according to our highlighting styles that would be even better!

I would also like to see a list of bookmarks.  This is important for Modules such as The Complete Works of Jonathan Edwards, where I might be reading from multiple different places over the course of several months and have no real way of quickly accessing where I left off in a particular sermon or treatise.  

Imagine the possibilities!

#2 Joel Brown

Joel Brown

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,174 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:14 PM

To find all the Highlights in a module, just search for [STYLE *].  Thats the normal way to search for a specific style, but you can search for the wildcard instead to find *every* highlight.

We definitely have plans to implement a bookmark system, but thanks for the additional request.

Joel Brown

By day: Consultant for Oaktree
By night: Freelance Trombonist and Private Instructor

#3 Chairsteleios

Chairsteleios

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:28 PM

Thanks for the heads up regarding the highlights.  Is there any way for the time being that I can view my bookmarks?

#4 circuitrider

circuitrider

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:08 AM

We definitely have plans to implement a bookmark system, but thanks for the additional request.

Hi Joel,

Any chance that the Mac bookmarks will sync with iOS?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bookmarks, highlight

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users