Multiple Panes

RobM

I'm not sure if this has already been requested (couldn't find it from a brief[!] search)...

I would like to be able to open more than just two parallel panes on my iPad. I'm working on a paper right now and would like to be able to look at BHS, Peshitta (or LXX/Targums/any English translation/usernotes), and BHS apparatus all at once.

I think the ability to look at four panes would also be great... 5 would probably start having issues with screen size...?

Is this something you all might be able to implement at some point?

I've loved the 1.6 update, btw.

-Robert

• Like 2

There are currently no plans to have more than two panes visible at the same time.

Sad, I also felt need for more than 2 panes. Bible text, commentary, original text or user notes. I'd say 2 panes for iPhone and 3 panes for iPad would be ok.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I too would really appreciate 3 panes on an iPad. I appreciate it might be a step too far at the moment but I hope it would stay on the list for development in the future.

I fourth? the idea for three panes on an iPad, especially in landscape mode ...

I'd like it too, everyone. Personally, though, I think I'd prefer a couple of independent zones: Bible + Bible dictionary.

• Like 1

I must admit I agree with "Dr J" here. It would be great to have the ability to have two non-tied panes. When reading a book I often wish I could have the bible open "next to/under/above*" it. Sometimes there are references that are not defined as links which often happens when all you have is something like 2:5 because the book has earlier indicated which book of the bible it is dealing with.

(*delete as appropriate)

• 3 weeks later...

I could really appreciate the benefit of a third pane for notes, especially if the notes were for collating info rather than being tied to a particular verse!!!!!!!!!! ;o)

• 2 months later...

My request is to have the 2 panes available for tools other than Bibles in iOS. I can see having 2 Commentary sets open while reading a Bible in another app and using the multitasking gestures. I would like to see any work that is tagged to the Bible books (Book, chapter, verse) to have the option of a second pane. They could then sync up.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Glad to see this resurrected!

I have long missed the ability to have two windows for parallel tools with selection from the top drop down rather than going through the library. Useful for having two commentaries, commentary and map or commentary with notes (like in the original ebc). Ideally be nice to have 4 windows for those occasions like esv where you can have text, study notes, cross references and foot notes all in one place but two panes would be a major step forward for me.

Especially as it cant be that different from the text view now you have managed to unlink the panes.

Please......

Edited by ukfraser

• 3 years later...

I realise this is an old request, but I would also really like the option to have multiple panes, probably with a tabbed interface. I would like to be able to quickly switch between various ‘open’ windows, such as commentaries etc.

• Like 2

This is definitely on the list of features to implement in iOS. It will be a bit yet before we’ll see it as it will require a large restructuring of our code, but it will come.

• Like 3

+1