Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • Interests:Hebrew, ANE languages and literature, Literary Theory
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:50 PM

I'm not sure if this has already been requested (couldn't find it from a brief[!] search)...

I would like to be able to open more than just two parallel panes on my iPad. I'm working on a paper right now and would like to be able to look at BHS, Peshitta (or LXX/Targums/any English translation/usernotes), and BHS apparatus all at once.

I think the ability to look at four panes would also be great... 5 would probably start having issues with screen size...?

Is this something you all might be able to implement at some point?

I've loved the 1.6 update, btw.

-Robert

• MartinClay and Susan like this

#2 Scott Knapp

Scott Knapp

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,314 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:58 PM

There are currently no plans to have more than two panes visible at the same time.

#3 Guntis

Guntis

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  • Interests:Theology, music, art,  gadgets, photography, etc... Enjoy reading good books.

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:50 AM

Sad, I also felt need for more than 2 panes. Bible text, commentary, original text or user notes. I'd say 2 panes for iPhone and 3 panes for iPad would be ok.
  • PastorDavid likes this

“Teach the way of God in Accordance” (Matt 12:14, NIV-Accordance edition)
“Those who live in Accordance (with the Spirit) have their minds set on what the Spirit desires.” (Rom 8:5, NIV-Accordance edition)

(MacBook Pro 15.4" retina (mid 2014) — Core i7, 16 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD. OS X El Capitan, Accordance 11) 

#4 MartinClay

MartinClay

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:28 PM

I too would really appreciate 3 panes on an iPad. I appreciate it might be a step too far at the moment but I hope it would stay on the list for development in the future.

#5 revtim

revtim

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Interests:discipling, loving my wife and family, the Bible, preaching, & technology
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:48 PM

I fourth? the idea for three panes on an iPad, especially in landscape mode ...

In Christ,

Tim Hall

#6 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 2,577 posts
  • Interests:a great cup of coffee, sci-fi, jazz and the blues, kayaking, camping, fishing and the great outdoors

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:51 PM

I'd like it too, everyone. Personally, though, I think I'd prefer a couple of independent zones: Bible + Bible dictionary.

• PastorDavid likes this

Blessings,
"Dr. J"

Timothy P. Jenney, Ph. D.
"Lighting the Lamp" Host and Producer

Academic Licensing Assistant

iMac: Late 2014 27" 5k display, 4.0 GHz quad core i7, 24 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD,  AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB, OSX 10.11, El Capitan

MBP: Early 2011 17" MBP (8,3), 2.3 GHz quad core i7, 16 GB RAM, 480 SSD  + 1.5 TB HD, AMD Radeon HD 6750M, OSX 10.11, El Capitan

iPhone 6 plus: 64 GB, iOS 9.0.2

#7 Steve King

Steve King

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:47 AM

I must admit I agree with "Dr J" here. It would be great to have the ability to have two non-tied panes. When reading a book I often wish I could have the bible open "next to/under/above*" it. Sometimes there are references that are not defined as links which often happens when all you have is something like 2:5 because the book has earlier indicated which book of the bible it is dealing with.

(*delete as appropriate)

Steve King Running Accordance 11.2.2 on:

Mac 10.11.5 (El Capitan), mid-2010 Macbook Pro, 4Gb RAM

IOS 9 (iPad 2 and iPhone 6)

#8 ukfraser

ukfraser

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • Accordance Version:2.x
  • Platforms:iOS

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:54 AM

I could really appreciate the benefit of a third pane for notes, especially if the notes were for collating info rather than being tied to a particular verse!!!!!!!!!! ;o)
Fraser Sims
Accordance 2x iOS 9x, occasionally accordance 11x on Mountain Lion
Other life enhancing software I use includes: forScore with AirTurn page turner for leading the music from my iPad, HymnQuest for selecting music, Sibelius for preparing music scores, Lightroom for my photo library.

#9 allporc

allporc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:15 PM

My request is to have the 2 panes available for tools other than Bibles in iOS. I can see having 2 Commentary sets open while reading a Bible in another app and using the multitasking gestures. I would like to see any work that is tagged to the Bible books (Book, chapter, verse) to have the option of a second pane. They could then sync up.

#10 Rdonmcelroy

Rdonmcelroy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 06:47 AM

I would like info pane like on desktop perfect for release near future.

#11 ukfraser

ukfraser

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • Accordance Version:2.x
  • Platforms:iOS

Posted 06 November 2015 - 07:33 AM

Glad to see this resurrected!
I have long missed the ability to have two windows for parallel tools with selection from the top drop down rather than going through the library. Useful for having two commentaries, commentary and map or commentary with notes (like in the original ebc). Ideally be nice to have 4 windows for those occasions like esv where you can have text, study notes, cross references and foot notes all in one place but two panes would be a major step forward for me.

Especially as it cant be that different from the text view now you have managed to unlink the panes.

Please......

Edited by ukfraser, 06 November 2015 - 07:38 AM.

Fraser Sims
Accordance 2x iOS 9x, occasionally accordance 11x on Mountain Lion
Other life enhancing software I use includes: forScore with AirTurn page turner for leading the music from my iPad, HymnQuest for selecting music, Sibelius for preparing music scores, Lightroom for my photo library.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: iPad

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users