Problem with CRC User Tool from the Accordance Exchange

Bret Hicks

I was trying to use the CRC Confessions User Tool from the Accordance Exchange, and can not seem to get it into Accordance. When I unstuff it, the resulting file is not recognized as belonging to Accordance, and when I try to open it with Accordance, it causes Accordance to crash. I unstuffed and opened several other user tools from the exchange tonight, but the CRC tool does not seem to be working. Is there something I need to do?

In Christ,

Bret Hicks

Thanks Bret,

I'll have a look at it. Stay tuned

Hi Bret,

the tool had lost its filetype and creator code.

I will fix this and upload a new sit file in the next half hour, so you can download it and all will be fine.

Or

you can get a copy of the Accordance File Type Fixer that Joe Weaks has written and use that on the CRC Confessions file and that should fix it. (It's in the automation section)

Please let me know of any other issues and I will attend to them as soon as I can on the exchange.

Is there a reason why the file is uploaded as a sit file? Stuffit, if I remember correctly, used to come installed on Macs, but for a long time it hasn't. Why not make it a zip file? That way users don't need to download an app for which there is probably no other use than to open Accordance user tools.

Is there a reason why the file is uploaded as a sit file? Stuffit, if I remember correctly, used to come installed on Macs, but for a long time it hasn't. Why not make it a zip file? That way users don't need to download an app for which there is probably no other use than to open Accordance user tools.

I totally agree. I downloaded Stuffit Expander just to get at some of the stuff that's been uploaded to the Accordance Exchange. Though it is a monumental task, I'd love to see them all be regular ZIP files unless there is some drawback that I'm not thinking of.

Hi Bob and Ken.

yes there is a reason that the files are in stuffit format, and that is: we are trying to keep interoperability with the emulator version of Accordance. Stuffit (and an old version at that) is the only way that preserves all the file metadata that the emulator needs to use the files.

We are still working on what that might look like when we come to Accordance for PC, and what the best way forward is for our files in this new environment. The intermediate plan is to offer both a sit download and a zip download, but that's not a small task, and there are other issues to resolve with the exchange first.

Hope that helps, and stay tuned!

Ken,

The new file worked great. Thanks!

In Christ,

Bret Hicks

• Like 1