Measuring Timeline also opens Instant Details Pane

Lorinda H. M. Hoover

Today I was working on measuring time "distances" in the timeline. Every time I option-clicked to start measuring, a very large Instant Details pane opened, often obscuring the items I was trying to drag between.

Accordance 10.1.2 on OSX 10.8.2

Lorinda

It looks like when the ID pane is closed opt-click in the Timeline opens it, and I imagine the size is large either because of a previously saved workspace from v. 9 or it was the last size you had open. I'm not sure why it opens in that situation, but once you resize it, it should re-open at the same size. That may be somewhat less obtrusive for you.

Thanks, Rick, that does help. The odd thing is that the "Make ID a floating palette" option does not stick for Atlas windows/zones, whereas it does for my text zones.

Lorinda

Thanks for looking into this, Lorinda. There are a couple of issues/bugs going on here: First, Accordance automatically opens the Instant Details when measuring so you can see the distances, but this has a variety of conceptual problems, so we'll hopefully improve it soon. Second, the maps should definitely not open an instant details if there is already one floating! So thats definitely a bug we'll also fix asap.

Thanks for the explanation, and the confirmation that there is a bug at work.