Mithril

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

Hi ya,

I am entering User Notes against verses I am translating and I am on occasion entering Greek words in the notes. If I use the Polytonic keyboard, which I prefer to do, I can enter Greek mode with my hotkey (Command-<downarrow>) but I cannot return to English hitting it again. The way I use the Polytonic in OSX I have just a single hotkey which goes to the next language in the list. I only have two - US Eng, and Greek. Thus I don't use a pair of hotkeys but just one. It appears that Acc 10 does not recognise the switch back. I tried setting a second hotkey to back through the list but that made no difference. To switch back I have change the font from Helena to Helvetica Neue Light (after hitting my keyboard hotkey) and then I'm back in English. Interestingly if I just switch the font as soon as I type my next character it switches back to Helena and I'm typing Greek again. So I need to do both actions to get back to English.

BTW, the font list popup has a lot of entries in it and its necessary to scroll all the way to the H's to find these fonts. A recently use shortlist at the top of the pop would be nice.

This is OSX 10.8.2 and Acc 10.1.2.

Thx

D

Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua

ἡ μόνη ἀγαθὴ γλῶσσα γλῶσσα νεκρὰ ἐστιν

lišanu ēdēnitu damqitu lišanu mītu

"Du stammst vom Herrn Adam und der Herrin Eva ab", sagte Aslan. "Und das ist zugleich Ehre genug, um das Häupt des ärmsten Bettlers zu erheben, und genug, um die Schultern des größten Kaisers auf Erden zu beugen. Sei zufrieden." Aslan, Die Chroniken von Narnia, Prinz Kaspian von Narnia. CS Lewis. Übersetzt von Wolfgang Holbein und Christian Rendel.

Accordance Configurations :

Mac : 2009 27" iMac                 Windows : MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro laptop
      Intel Core Duo                          Intel i7 Kabylake
      12GB RAM                                16GB RAM
      Accordance 11.2.4 and 12                Accordance 12
      OSX 10.11 (Yosemite)                    Win 10 Home x64

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users