Syncing User Notes with Accordance for iOS

Beloved John

Greetings,

I just synced a user note created in Accordance for Mac with my iPad. I found the user note on my iPad by going to the library, but when I open the bible text I don't see the little red dot next to the actual verse the way it shows next to the verses that have sample user notes. Plus, the little red dot does show next the actual verse on my Mac. (By the way the user note I created is is a "My Mobile Notes" user note).

This is troublesome because this way I'm forced to remember each verse in which I created a user note. Then I'm forced to go to the library to view it. Shouldn't I rather be able to see the little red dot next to the verse on my iPad and then from right there be able to view my user note.

Questions:

1) How do I get the little red dot to show next to the verse on my iPad?

2) How do I view the user note from right there in the bible text, without exiting the text and going through the library?

Thank You :D

Restart Accordance IOS. I had to "double click" on the icon and then the Accordance (and other apps) appear at bottom. I "X" out of Accordance and then restart and you get the red dot!

Sweetly!!!!! :D

The red dot showed up. Thank you, Bob!

Please tell me how to view the user note right from the bible text in Accordance for iOS.

So far I tapped the verse reference and tapped on the user note button, but this seems to allow me to edit the user note, which I don't want to do. I only want to view the user note without doing any editing. Please help with this (someone). Thank you. Thanks, Accordance team.

Restart Accordance IOS. I had to "double click" on the icon and then the Accordance (and other apps) appear at bottom. I "X" out of Accordance and then restart and you get the red dot!

Hmm. With the latest release (v1.6.1) you shouldn't have to restart to see the changes. I'll have to see if there's still a lingering bug in this scenario.

Scott.

Accordance fails to sync my user notes each time. I get an error at the end of the sync process, if I select notes. Then tried just notes, and got the error immediately.

Accordance fails to sync my user notes each time. I get an error at the end of the sync process, if I select notes. Then tried just notes, and got the error immediately.

And the error says?

jlewis,

I don't think you can view the note from the Bible text. I go change the resource page next to the text to reflect my personal notes.

Here you go:

In addition, I get errors with attempted Dropbox sync. The error from that states: "Couldn't get file list from Dropbox" (No, I haven't touched anything in Dropbox).

EDIT: I just unlinked from Dropbox and relinked, which resolved the Dropbox issue. For getting my notes on my iPad, I just move the files from the Accordance Files/User\ Notes/ dir to ~/Dropbox/App/Accordance/User\ Notes. It would be great if the file directory between Mac and iAccord could be one and the same for Dropbox syncing!

James

Edited by James Tucker

In addition, iAccord crashes each time when opening BHS-T from the Library window. If, on the other hand, I open a text then switch to BHS-T, it doesn't crash.

jlewis,

I don't think you can view the note from the Bible text. I go change the resource page next to the text to reflect my personal notes.

Once again you have helped me find what I was looking for, Bob. Thank you! :D

James, I wish I knew how to help you. Hopefully, Scott will sort you out too! :D

Sweetly!!!!! :D