Accordance user videos

RafeAndersen

I was just thinking. It would be wonderful if Accordance could find prominent evangelical leaders that use accordance and get cool video footage of them talking about it/endorsing it. Not a big deal, but it sure would be cool to see, and it would only strengthen the image of accordance software

Nevermind :D

Edited by RafeAndersen

I think they don't do that for numerous reasons. Endorsements generally cost money and they also can cause division. Even though it would not be true, it might appear that Accordance shared the views or beliefs of the person endorsing their product. The majority of high profile churches out there, in my humble opinion, are either preaching a false gospel, don't have the proper authority to even be a church, hold beliefs and/or have practices that are against Scripture or some combination of the above. Actually it isn't just the high profile churches that have this problem but churches of all sizes. It seems to be that when people put up huge ads of some well known faces singing the endless praises of some product it smacks of desperation on their part. Accordance runs a class act and has a very high quality product with some really good people to help support it. It seems to sell itself by word of mouth very well.
That's my fifty cents, anyway.

I think they don't do that for numerous reasons. Endorsements generally cost money and they also can cause division. Even though it would not be true, it might appear that Accordance shared the views or beliefs of the person endorsing their product. The majority of high profile churches out there, in my humble opinion, are either preaching a false gospel, don't have the proper authority to even be a church, hold beliefs and/or have practices that are against Scripture or some combination of the above. Actually it isn't just the high profile churches that have this problem but churches of all sizes. It seems to be that when people put up huge ads of some well known faces singing the endless praises of some product it smacks of desperation on their part. Accordance runs a class act and has a very high quality product with some really good people to help support it. It seems to sell itself by word of mouth very well.

That's my fifty cents, anyway.

Yes, I do agree with everything you said. I did not think about those things.

We are happy to use endorsements from our users, but we don't pay for them or pressure high-profile users to provide them. We are in fact preparing a series of short video endorsements, mainly from scholars at the ETS/SBL meetings.

However, Rick's comments come very close to violating our forum guidelines. Please do not start a flame war here about the merits or demerits of high-profile churches. It would be sad indeed if users were solely influenced to buy or not buy software because of disagreements with high profile leaders.

We appreciate Rick's endorsement and support of Accordance, though.

Our aim is (and always has been) to provide Biblical study tools for users from a broad range of backgrounds.

I think Accordance is a top-notch piece of software in its own right, and it is gloriously superb as a tool for researching and learning about the Biblical text and other related primary and secondary literature. I could not do my research without it.

—Dr. Joe Weaks

(N.B. No compensatory exchanges have been transacted as a result of this endorsement.)