Instant Details

Anon

It's great to have some much flexibility with the Instant Details, but perhaps it is too malleable. For example, I prefer to have it in its floating state, but there is no way to force a floating state. That is to say, if I were to close the Instant Details, upon reopening it defaults to a zone appearance. It would be convenient to have an option in the ID Preference Pane that regulated its behavior: either (1) open in a workspace or (2) open in floating view. Or perhaps, to make it even easier, yet more of a "power-user" feature, set the ID toolbar icon to receive Mouse Click+Shift input from User, so as to force a floating ID view?

James - This is very OT, but, for the life of me, I can't make out the picture you're using for your posts. What is it?

Thanks, Julie

Julie:

Thanks for asking. This is a painting, Othyoth (letters), (of which the medium is oil) by Samuel Bak. I found this image on the cover of Michael Fishbane's monograph The Exegetical Imagination. The image resonates the horror of the Holocaust. Here is a decent description of the painting. You can also check out Preempting the Holocaust Lawrence Langer. This painting ignited my interest in Holocaust art, and continues on my interest in Jewish Exegesis and Interpretation—both ancient and contemporary.

Thanks, James. It really does help to see it enlarged!

And an event that must never be forgotten.