Workspace not saving

Bret Hicks

I have a workspace set up, and when I tell it to save, it acts as if it does, but when I close and reopen the workspace, it goes back to the verse that was shown in the previous save. To be specific, when I open this workspace, it has Matthew 18:19 as the current verse. In the search bar it has a search for the Greek word symphonew. I then tell it to go to 2 Thessalonians 3:11, and it does. I then do file, save, and it does not give an error message. I then close the workspace. I then reopen the workspace from the workspaces button on the tool bar, and it is back to Matthew 18:19, with symphonew in the search bar? Why is this happening?

As a side note, many times when I close Accordance and then reopen it, it will open my workspaces that were open in the last session, but they will be blank - no verses showing in any of the tabs. Ideas as to why this is happening?

I am using Accordance 10.1.2, 2011 MacBook Pro with OSX 10.8.2.

In Christ,

Bret

Your first question is I believe a question of what causes the file to actually resave. Navigating in a pane does not, which is what the GoTo does. You have to make a more substantive change such as in the search entry box or one of the pop-up menus, or adding a tab, etc. To get over this you might want to try Save As instead.

What is your Preferences: General setting for Startup?

Helen,

I actually told it to go to the new text via the search bar, not to Go To box.

When I tried the same procedure this morning, close the workspace, and then tried to reopen it, it gave me the following error:

"This selection cannot be used, because the selection cannot include both words and a verse reference."

After a few attempts, it finally opened, and the workspace displayed 2 Thessalonians 3:11 - which was the verse I had typed into the search bar. Ideas? However, if I then do nothing, when I try to close the workspace window, it asks if I want to save the contents of the window before closing - even though I literally did nothing in the workspace.

Ideas?

As for my preferences for startup, they are set to open the last session.

We would have to screenshare to take a look at this behavior. You can send me your Skype or iChat contact information via email or a Personal Message.

One thing I've noticed is that simply opening a workspace and turning on or off the library with the toolbar icon does not change the need/permission to save the workspace, by which I mean the Save menu item in the File menu remains greyed out. That means that in order to save the workspace with this new state for the Library you have to change something else in the workspace also. I have not made a systematic study of what trips the flag to require/permit a save for a workspace though.