Biblia Hebraica Quinta... Remaining Fascicles?

Eleuterio

When I purchased BHQ first 5 fascicles in April 2012 there was an indication regarding two of the fascicles: 'to be added soon at no additional charge'. So far, they are not there yet. Will this 'soon' take place soon? I really miss Proverbs fascicle...

BTW, the module is really great. Quite a bit complicated to use, having to open several windows at a time to have text, massora, and commentary visible. But it is really useful.

Thank you

Eleuterio

Eleuterio,

I can't comment on where BHQ is at on the development 'calendar', but I share your excitement. In fact, I get so excited about Textual Criticism of the Hebrew Bible that I consistently push for acquiring Hebrew University Bible Project (HUB) and Oxford Hebrew Bible (OHB)! I would also like to see these in a Accordance workspace next to all the DJD volumes! :D

As for managing the Quinta material, have you tried setting up a workspace and save it to a favorite? I do this regularly with workspaces that typically require several zones. Not only is easily accessible at a later date—it also provides some level of performance to your Accordance. You can then amplify to this workspace for TC queries on extant books (of BHQ).

I always wanted to do this but I keep leaving this for the future. I will do it right now.

Thank you!

Eleuterio

We are still waiting te receive the etexts from the BHQ project. As soon as we do, they will be top priority for our developers.

As I understand it, these texts were thought to be ready when the German Bible Society announced the BHQ module, but it was later discovered that they needed additional proofing/correction and this is taking longer than expected.

• 4 months later...

Any word from the GBS (or from whatever entity is supplying the etexts) on the remaining BHQ fascicles? I think this is one of Accordance's best modules, so will be excited when the remaining ones release.

• 3 months later...

Curious if there's anything to update here, or if the etexts of the in-print-but-not-yet-in-Accordance fascicles have been provided?

I am sorry to hear that! Seems like they've had some of those other volumes out for a while now. Thanks for the update.

Edited by Abram K-J

• 5 months later...

Not really an update - just some background: keep in mind that the DeutscheBibelGesellschaft (DBG/GBS) has a very very! small team. So u need to be patient.

And theres some time critic stuff going on here in germany: the big 500th Luther anniversary is coming up 2017. Until 2017 the EKD asked for a "revision" of the Lutherbibel (last revision 1984, new "Rechtschreibung" 1999 - most important translation) - its not really revision but all new exegetical findings will find their way into the text. And also the important "Basisbibel" project (NT an psalms are finished) taking up a lot of time..

* the 6th fascicle judges is already in print available - so the etext shouldn't be that long anymore? - the time frame for the full BHQ is 2020.

(next time im running into some DBG staff Ill ask them)

Edited by JayDee

I don't think the request was regarding the unpublished fascicles, but for the ones GBS has published but Accordance has not received the etext.

heres an update: three fascicles (proverbs, The Twelve Minor Prophets and judges) are shedulded to be released later this year (until end of 2014).

JayDee--are you referring to the etext, specifically? Those are all already out in print. If you mean the etexts, that is a welcomed update.

I know this is a GBS (not Accordance) issue, but I remain unclear as to how a publisher that has already published a book cannot simply email a .pdf (or whatever format of text file) over to Accordance for preparation.

Would it be advisable/desirable for Accordance users to email GBS directly with the request? Would that help?

This is a complex situation. The final edits on these volumes were made to the PDFs but they need to be transferred to the etexts. This is in the hands of the Quinta team, not directly GBS. We have repeatedly reminded GBS that we are waiting on these volumes, but there is nothing that we or they can do to expedite the process.

• Like 1

My update was on the etext. They're awaiting the process to be finished within this year (I asked directly).

But nothin really new to the information Helen gave back in February 2013... despite the fact they awaiting the release until the end of year.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hendrickson Publishers sent out a BHQ update today--nothing new per se. (I did a write-up here with summary and link to the pdf from Hendrickson.) Of course, they have pushed dates back in the past... which is probably inevitable for a project of this scope.

It got me wondering whether Accordance and crew have had any more luck in hearing from the Quinta team, since seeing that .pdf reminded me of the volumes that have been published in print but not yet electronically. I know this is probably more frustrating for Accordance than anyone, but it did make me wonder if other things were moving ahead for the folks working on BHQ. One can hope, at least!

P.S. By way of affirmation, let me just say that BHQ is one of the best-produced modules I've seen in Accordance (and I've seen a lot now!).

Looking forward to these, as well!

There has been some progress here as we have received files for Proverbs, but we cannot give any kind of time estimate at this point given the very complex nature of these resources.

• Like 2

Thanks for the update, Rick--glad you've gotten one text to start working with, at least. Hopefully Minor Prophets isn't too far behind.

Does the BHQ Commentary, Masorah, etc., include all the Hebrew Bible or just the current fascicles? Just curious...

The commentary, etc. are produced with each book/collection of books (e.g., Minor Prophets) as they are published. It all comes together for each book, in other words. (Is this what you were asking?)

The commentary, etc. are produced with each book/collection of books (e.g., Minor Prophets) as they are published. It all comes together for each book, in other words. (Is this what you were asking?)

Yep, that's it. I was curious if the entire Hebre Bible for the commentary, Masorah, etc, were already included, or if they'd be released as each fascicle is released. I think you answered my question. :-) Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the update! We are eagerly waiting for this update.

I also hope you are considering the inclusion of morphologically tagged text into BHQ...

Best wishes