One-Way Scrolling Ties - Feature Request

OSchrock

I would love to see the addition of the ability to set up a one-way, or one-direction, tie between books. What I would like to see would be the ability to scroll through a Bible text and have the Commentary scroll along, but then be able to scroll through the commentary without the Bible text moving.

For instance, If I am studying Esther 3:10 and my commentary is more general and is divided by "Esther 1:1-2:20" "Esther 2:20-4:17" "Esther 5:1-6:14" etc... When I scroll to Esther 3:10 the commentary naturally jumps to the section treating "Esther 2:20-4:17." Great. But, now if I scroll the commentary and go to far, my Bible text jumps to Esther 5:1, so I scroll back and my Bible text jumps back to Esther 2:20. Not Good.

I would love to be able to have the Commentary stay in a one-way tie with the text so that it scrolls with my text, but gives me the liberty to scroll through the commentary without changing my Bible Text location.

Thank you for your consideration!

• Like 1

Ditto that. I just got the Zondervan Bible Backgrounds commentary (that was recently on sale), and what OSchrock describes would make it much more user-friendly, in my view. Not that it's horrible or anything, but a one-way tie would be helpful and keep my study more on track.

Does the control-scroll option (which dislocates the parallel scrolling option) not do this?

Does the control-scroll option (which dislocates the parallel scrolling option) not do this?

I have not been able to accomplish this. Perhaps if anyone else is able to do this, they could give the details of how it was done.?

You can hold the control key while scrolling the commentary to uncouple the scrolling, but that seems to work only for parallel panes and not for tied commentaries in separate tabs.

You can hold the control key while scrolling the commentary to uncouple the scrolling, but that seems to work only for parallel panes and not for tied commentaries in separate tabs.

Ok, that's all I've been able to do with it as well. Thanks.

Its an interesting idea to support the control override for tied tabs, I'll take a look! In the meantime, does doing that behavior in a parallel pane work for now?

• Like 1

Its an interesting idea to support the control override for tied tabs, I'll take a look! In the meantime, does doing that behavior in a parallel pane work for now?

Right, the control override is exactly what I am looking for, except it only works in a parallel pane.

Thank you for looking into this!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I generally advise people to open two instances of their commentaries: one in a parallel pane and one in its own separate zone. The combo keep me pretty happy. Perhaps it will work for you.