Restoring from Time Machine

ryangeer

My macbook was stolen and I'm trying to restore Accordance from my time machine backup. I copied over my Accordance files but the app won't recognize. Can anyone help me with how to do this without re-downloading all my resources?

Thanks,

Hey - Did you redownload the app itself? Where did you put the modules? They should be in

~/Users/YourUserName/Library/Application Support/Accordance.

In that same folder you should find this other stuff, too.

post-330-0-21940800-1360531428_thumb.png

If your User Library is not visible, use the Finder Go menu, holding down the Option key, and it should be visible. When the window opens, go to column view, and make an Alias of your User Library (Cmd-L) so you can find it more easily next time. Here's what your path should look like (though maybe without all the colored folders).

post-330-0-47191300-1360531878_thumb.png

If they're in the right location, you should be able to open them by just double-clicking them. Or you could highlight a batch, right click, and tell your Mac to "Open with . . ." and then chose Accordance. This will get the modules back in your Accordance Library. (They're not there now, are they?) It's a pain, but it's faster than redownloading.

Someone else may have a better idea, but I have done this before and it works.

P.S. Sorry your machine was stolen. Was it recovered, or did you have to buy another?

Edited by Julie Falling

These issues are best dealt with by contacting tech support. There are just too many variables for us to guess at the solution.