links user tools

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Beloved John

Beloved John

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Focusing on our Father Loving me, focusing on receiving our Father's Love for me, learning other biblical truths, singing, music, reading, dancing, exercise, cooking and good eating, board games, electronic games, internet and computing, electronic gadgets, and more.
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:23 PM

Greetings Accordance Fans,

I am educating myself on Accordance User Tools, and I have a question about linking to other modules from my user tool. In Accordance help article, Creating Links in User Tools, it gives one example, and I quote,

"Nearby English words can be included in the link, such as this example of a Greek word in BDAG: [BDAG, Greek Entry, agaph] Love."

I don't have the BDAG, but I do have the Mounce Greek Dictionary (smile). Thanks Accordance!  Anyhow, what I wish to know is what the nearby English word is in the example above from the Accordance help file. I think it is the word Love on the end there. So, I tried it out. I copied and pasted the text into my user tool, substituting Mounce Greek Dictionary for BDAG in two ways, as follows.

[Mounce Greek Dictionary, Greek Entry, agaph] Love

and

[Mounce Greek Dictionary, Greek Entry, agaph]

I get the exact same search results from both links. In other words, I made links of both Mounce Greek Dictionary examples, and I hoped to find something different for the first one because it has the word Love on the end of it. All I wish to know is how do I use Accordance to create a link to an Accordance module within my user tools that will find nearby English words. If I am getting the same search results, as previously stated, I must be doing something wrong. Please help.

Thanks. Gracias. Danke. Peaches, opps I mean Peace and Shalom.  :P

Our Father Loves Us All,

Beloved John

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: links, user, tools

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users