Upgrading and Easy Install time-out

Mortensen

I am having problems upgrading to Accordance 10 from 9.6.6. The message that comes is "Update Error! An error occurred in retrieving update information. Please try again later".

Also when I try to use EasyInstall for installing a purchased product, the progress bar comes to about a third in "Loading Purchases",then the message comes "Internet connection times out - process cancelled". But the internet is working well with browser etcs. My systemn in Intel and Snow Leopard 10.6.8

Thanks in advance.

HM

Sorry you're having hassles!

Here's my recommendation:

1. Download Accordance 10 from here: http://www.accordancebible.com/Accordance-Installers/

2. Install the program. Type your unlock code in when prompted.

3. Once the program is installed, use "Check for App Update" in the Accordance menu to update Accordance to the latest version.

4. Use "Easy install" to install all your additional modules

5. Use "Check for Content updates" to update all your modules.

Enjoy!

Edited by Timothy Jenney

Thanks for this Timothy. But even this link won't download. My internet connection is not the best, but Easy Install has worked fine before.

HM:

I had some similiar problems when I was updating, but I found trying the installs at different times -- late at night or early in the morning (4am EST) when there is not as much overall Internet traffic worked for me.

I'm sure you've heard this before, but make sure your Mac, router and modem have the latest updates. In addition, I have found that powering off the modem and router once every couple weeks improved my stability. Internet providers make network changes in the background and I have found powering down and up the modem and router improved my Internet speeds and reliability immensely.

Hope this helps!

Rich

Edited by RPat

Have tried this, but does not work for me. Perhaps Accordance staff can assist with this problem?

thanks

HM

Hi Helen, has something changed in the downloading vie easy install/updates? For the first time ever I had huge trouble downloading updates yesterday. It's not altogether impossible that it could be my internet connection, but that has been flaky in the past and not caused these failures.

I downloaded almost 50 updates yesterday in one batch, no problems. I do not think it is a server or program issue, it's local internet.