Deleting a book in the library

HansK

I try to delete a book in the library. When I right-click, the Delete option is grayed out so I cannot delete the book.

Hans

If you are running Accordance 10 it may be that your Library is active as a popup window. Try pressing and holding SHIFT then click the Library icon. Then right click and see if the "Remove Item" option is now available.

• Like 2

Hans

I tried this in the "Recently Opened" section, and "Remove Item" (and other selections) were indeed dimmed. If I went to the appropriate Text or Tool folder and did the right click (or single click followed by click on the "gear" icon at the bottom), the selections, including "Remove Item" are selectable.

This may or may not apply to you, but apparently the items in "Recently Opened" block certain commands.

Michael

Paul, your input did work for me. I have deleted GWord notes. My update said that I had to do that in order to download an update (via Easy Install).

No update available :-(

• Like 1

Paul, your input did work for me. I have deleted GWord notes. My update said that I had to do that in order to download an update (via Easy Install).

No update available :-(

I'm glad it helped resolve part of the issue. Hopefully the update issue will get resolved too!

Easy Install will have downloaded the updated GWORD Notes as well as the new GWORD Dictionary. Sorry for the extra hassle, but Updates will not add the new module, so we used this as a way of getting the new module to the user.

Both files are gone now. I will try to reload these with TimeMachine.

You need to delete them from the Accordance Library, not from the Hard Drive.

I restored both books with TM. The update to GWORD 2.0 worked fine.

Then I deleted GWORD Notes from the Library and clicked Easy Install. Nothing happens...

Hans

The reason is that GWORD is not in your account. It was included in the Library 6 levels, but we show you only starting with Library 8, and I do not see that you purchased it separately.

I am confused here. I'll check this out. Perhaps it was on a CD I purchased in Germany about 2 years ago.

• 1 month later...

If you are running Accordance 10 it may be that your Library is active as a popup window. Try pressing and holding SHIFT then click the Library icon. Then right click and see if the "Remove Item" option is now available.

Paul,

Thank you for this tip. It helped me resolve the greyed out "Remove Item" problem I was having.