SMALL annoyance

rcdeacon

Just wanted to pass this along. It is really incredibly minor but I have developed a highlighting system that utilizes the colored highlighting which you use on the text but I also added to that a black thin line box and also a thin red box. If I highlight a word using either of the box highlights and then return and also highlight the verse with a color the left and right ends of the box disappear. I have to select and chose the box again in order to have a complete box.

This has been an issue for a long time but I chose not to mention it until yesterday when I visited the Accordance headquarters in Florida. It was recommended that I post it and so here it is!

It was great to meet many of the people that I have either corresponded with or spoken to over the last 2-3 years I have been an Accordance user. My thanks to the staff of Accordance for a great visit!

Have run into the same thing many times. Now that I know others are also combining highlights, it would really be nice to have this fixed.

Bob, the issue here is not the combination of highlights, but the order in which the highlights are selected. I suspect your solid color highlight does not cover the entire height of the line, so when you place it on top of your box highlight, you see the top and bottom of the box, but the sides get covered. When you then reapply the box over the solid color, you get the look you want, because it is now the top highlight. To avoid your solid color covering the sides of the box, you would have to modify it so that it uses a pattern that will show any styles behind it.

That said, it would be cool if we added a level of translucency to the styles so that you could "see through" them. I have no idea how difficult that would be to implement, but it doesn't hurt to ask! :)

David,

I never thought of that! I actually have adjusted the way I apply my highlights to compensate for that issue but as I said for me it was a "small annoyance". Perhaps translucent highlighting is something worth requesting. I have other programs that must have translucency (if that is a good word) so I know it is possible.

Missed seeing you the other day when I was down your way.