Accordance Crash

Paul Daunno

On occasion and without any known reason Accordance seems to be hanging my Mac and I have to force a shutdown with the on/off button. When I restart the computer and restart Accordance it always prompts me with this:

post-29796-0-26762700-1366763622_thumb.png

Tonight I had only the NIV11-GK open and perhaps a couple other modules. I haven't been able to pinpoint any specific steps to recreate it on demand. I'm running Accordance 10.1.5 on OS X 10.8.3.

Is there anything I can do to determine what is causing this?

Hi Paul,

It's hard to say for certain, but this sounds like an issue with your Mac at some level of either hardware or software. Usually when I encounter a problem that requires a forced shutdown (especially in a repetitive manner) it isn't due to one specific application. It has been due to hard drive problems, firmware, RAM or simply the need to clean up disc permissions. My suggestion for what it's worth (and if you haven't already done so) is to:

1. Make sure all the latest updates have been made to your OS

2. Run Disk Utility and let it repair all permissions on your hard drive. I prefer to run it without other applications working in the background

3. Reboot while holding down command-option-p-r keys. You have to make sure you get those keys pressed before the gray screen with the apple appears. Keep them pressed until you hear the chime a second time, then release the keys and let booting finish.

See if that helps at all.

Mark

Thanks Mark. I ran Disk Utility and it found and fixed all of the permissions. I also ran a verify disk and it found some errors on my drive that it cannot repair. It is suggesting I do a backup, reformat the disk and then restore from backup. I have a 1 TB external drive that I use for Time Machine so hopefully all of this will work and my disk errors will be gone. I'm not going to tackle that until the weekend I think. I appreciate your help!