Permissions issue

Julia Falling

Hey - My husband and I attended an Accordance seminar on Saturday taught by Rick Mansfield - thanks, Rick! It was very helpful, especially for Steve. He came back from the DARK SIDE when he retired and is not quite up to speed with Accordance yet - the seminar really helped him and I learned a few more tricks, too.

Here's our problem. We were trying to add a new search range. I was able to do this without any problems. However, when Steve tried, it would Verify, but it would not Update. I tried Get Info so that I could fix it, but it didn't work.

This morning I tried another fix. I quit Accordance on his machine, went into the User Library>Application Support>Accordance>Preferences and deleted his Search Ranges pref. I replaced it with mine. Still no-go.

Here's a screen shot of his error message. Can I fix this, or does he need to call the Tech Guys at Accordance?

Thanks!

post-330-0-68860100-1367850322_thumb.png

Replacing it with yours works well, as long as he has permission to edit the file! Find that file you put in his Accordance Preferences folder, hit Command-I to Get Info on it, and make sure he has permission to read and write the file.

I tried that earlier, and it said he had permission to Read & Write. I've sent your answer on to him (he's at work/church with his laptop). Perhaps if he toggles it to Read Only, locks, unlocks, and toggles back to Read & Write it might fix it? I ran Disk Utility this morning and that didn't help.