Is the windows release of Accordance 32 or 64 bit ?

Λύχνις Δαν

Hi ya,

I am looking to the problem of tablets. Long story short, I am starting to think that much as I love the thermal properties of 6 inches of paper just inside all exterior walls, that I too will eventually have to go electronic for some books. Given my use of Accordance the following is interesting :

Will Accordance for Windows be 32 or 64 bit or both ? If 64 bit I am presuming anything Atom based is out. If 32 bit then I'm not so sure.

Thx

D

Hi, Daniel!

My understanding is that we are programing for Windows for computers, not Windows mobile. While the latter is called "Windows," it is not the same operating system at all.

I know that doesn't directly answer your question about 32 bit vs 64 bit, but I hope it helps.

Tim,

Windows app can be built as 32 bit or 64 bit. Actually, the same is true of Mac apps but it is not as big a difference.

Scott.

I believe we are building it for 32-bit. But, this really has no affect as to how Accordance works, as there are effectively no calculations or memory issues that require 64-bit to be faster. The real answer is as Tim said - the program is targeting Windows, not Windows Mobile, Windows RT, or any other versions of Windows that aren't really a full or proper windows. Note, the Surface Pro does run a full, proper Windows, so in theory it should run Accordance. But, thats not a promise, as we haven't tested it just yet.

Hey Joel,

Thanx for this.

I certainly did not expect ARM RT support given comments on other threads. My real interest was whether it would run on the Intel 32 bit instruction set and thus whether one might safely consider 32 Windows 7/8 on Atom CPUs or whether one should be looking at 64 arch.s only. I guess I could have asked the question that way in the first place. :) Anyhow if you're building 32 bit that at least seems possible.

I'm guessing the plot is to support Windows 7 and 8 right ? I assume there is no Window 8 dependency.

And I totally understand the "this is not a promise". On that front is there a "promise" as to architecture and OS and releases that its intended for, or for that matter memory size recommendations ? I realize this may not be available yet depending upon how close to release you are.

Thx

D

We are generally keeping the release requirements quite low. Like Accordance always is, its a sleek and efficient program!

• Like 2

Fair enough.

thx

D