How to quickly find author of given volume in WBC?

Abram K-J

I vaguely recall a discussion about this on the forums recently, but couldn't easily find it. (So this may have already been answered elsewhere.)

I've just gotten the WBC sets (and found the suggestions early in this thread helpful for how to use it). What I can't quickly figure out is how--when I'm a few chapters in to a commentary--to figure out the author of that given book without leaving my spot. The "About The Text" menu dropdown and "About This text" right-click feature from the module itself just list general info about the whole OT or NT (since that's how WBC is organized in Accordance).

Any ideas on the quickest/easiest way to do this? "Copy as Citation" works, but that takes a couple steps, and I'm wondering if there's a more elegant way to find out the author of whatever book I happen to be in.

Ha, I have the same problem. I usually just duplicate the tab (cmd+D) and then select the volume in the browser. The author is usually names on the first page. Alternatively, if I already have the browser open, I might just select the volume to jump to the beginning and see the author, and then click the back arrow to return to your original position.

Thanks, Jonathan--yours was one of the helpful comments on the earlier threads. So while you're here... I'm still trying to figure out how to best use WBC. As I understand it (looking right now at NT), there are (not counting the Bibliography) a few sections I'd want to access for any given passage:

• Translation (and the Notes that go with it), which is by verse
  • Form/Structure/Setting, which is by pericope
  • Comment, which is by verse (or couple verses)
  • Explanation, which is by pericope

Both the Tab Tie function and the "Add Parallel" function (where I have WBC as a parallel "text" with various NT texts) go to the "Comment" section.

Am I right that there's no way to tie/parallel to the translation or form/structure/setting or explanation settings? Doesn't seem like it's set up that way in Accordance. Which is not a huge deal--it's easy enough to find my way around the commentary. Just curious.

Yes, most of the volumes are tied to the comments. Some volumes, such as a few of the minor prophets, don't break the material into all of the sections, so the linking is a bit different. But most are tied to comments. I almost never use the WBC in parallel panes. I use it in tied tabs so I can open the browser and jump around, and that's worked out fairly well.

• Like 1

Revisiting my first/original question in this post, I'm wondering if someone (perhaps Helen or Joel?) has another way, besides what Jonathan has mentioned?