jeffscoggins

I love Accordance, but one thing I really miss about a hard copy library is the ability to scan through books by their cover. Would it be possible to create an iBookstore-style bookshelf in Accordance simply for browsing purposes? I have built up so many resources that I probably never use some of them because they aren't able to "catch my eye" by browsing. It would be great to be able to see the covers of the resources on a shelf!

Jeff

I didn't look very closely, but wasn't there something in the 10.1.6 notes about support for upcoming modules that related to "book covers"?

This would be a nice (and very Mac-like) feature.

Covers are shown in the Library view (the size depends on the text size, adjustable in Preferences), and there are no immediate plans to offer more than that.

I'm adjusting text sizes in preferences, but haven't yet discovered the one that adjusts the covers.

Covers are not yet viewable in iOS, right? Are there any plans for that?

I really think an iBooks-style library option in both the desktop and iOS version would be popular. At least something to think about. Might be difficult to execute, though.

Preferences: Appearance: Browser fontsize does adjust the covers somewhat.

Of course we have considered the Bookshelf view option, it's just that there aren't enough hours in the day to implement all the good ideas.