Neologisms in Deuteronomy, using LEH

Abram K-J

I'm trying to help a friend find a list of all neologisms in Greek Deuteronomy. Of course, that depends on how "neologism" is understood, but LEH has that as a listing.

So I can go into LEH and search "(Neologism, Neologism, Neol)," and then enter Scripture ("Deut." etc.) as a second field. I then set it to "Show Text As" articles, and highlight the hit results.

Two questions--first, because this is searching by entry (right?), this gives me what I want, correct? (Or, more accurately--it gives me all the times that LEH deems something a neologism and lists a Deut. reference?)

Second, how can I get to analytics or export search results? (Or does that only work with texts and not tools?)

Hi Abram,

I am sure that you can't do analytics on anything other than a text. For the vast bulk of our tools, analytics would be superfluous. You can copy and paste the search results as per normal, or save the workspace for future use, but you can't (for example) save a verse list, because the tool is not organised by verse. At least that's my understanding.

However, I came across an anomaly when I replicated a search. It looks to be like the result at the top of this window is incorrect, and Accordance is seeing the Deut of the Bible reference as the beginning letters of the greek word. I cannot see how δευτερολογέω V 0–0–0–0–1–1 2 Mc 13:22 to speak a second time; neol. would otherwise be a hit in the search.

post-29509-0-47601700-1369086237_thumb.jpg

Am I correct or am I misreading something?

Edited by Ken Simpson
  • Like 1

Given how early that is in the "paragraph" scheme, is that perhaps one of the sample entries? Those showed up in my search, too, even though I didn't understand why. (I just did the down Mark arrow to navigate past them.) I would think that if it's the Greek deut that is causing it, that would show in red, right?

Yes I think you're right Abram, though I am not sure about the "sample entry" explanation.

• Like 1