Size tag ignored during HTML import

hmvanegdom

When Importing HTML the size tag is omitted if they are within a <h1> (or any <h*> tag). For example <h2><size 18>Some Title</h2> is not working (including al kinds of variants).

I don't believe that <size> is a standard HTML tag - or at least I didn't see it in the list of HTML4 and HTML5 supported tags.

Also, the HTML importer only supports a small subset of available HTML tags. I'm away from my home computer right now so I can't provide a direct link but there is a help page that lists what tags are supported.

Try this

I couldn't get the link to work so here it is in longhand

file:///Applications/Accordance%20Aleph.app/Contents/Resources/Accordance%20Help/Default.htm#topics/05_dd/html_import.htm%3FTocPath%3DDigging%20Deeper%7CCreating%20Your%20Own%20Modules%7CUser%20Tools%7CImporting%20to%20a%20User%20Tool%7C_____3

Edited by Ken Simpson

that exact link won't work unless they have the beta (aleph) installed. Deleting %20Aleph should work though.

Of course, sorry guys.

Here is the proper link for the regular app

file:///Applications/Accordance.app/Contents/Resources/Accordance%20Help/Default.htm#topics/05_dd/html_import.htm%3FTocPath%3DDigging%20Deeper%7CCreating%20Your%20Own%20Modules%7CUser%20Tools%7CImporting%20to%20a%20User%20Tool%7C_____3

Just paste this into your web browser...

Edited by Ken Simpson

<size 18> is not a standard HTML tag. Font size will normally render with CSS or other deprecated HTML tags. Nevertheless, It seems like this needs to be tracked down, for the Accordance help files explicitly mention, and use the syntax, "<size 18>". Another bug I see is that the help lists <em> as bold text in HTML rendering. It is styled as italics. This too should be corrected.

Edited by J. T.