6 replies to this topic

#1 craigm

craigm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:45 PM

Can an index of the charts, graphics, illustrations, and such things be added to the ESV Study Bible to make it easier to use? I do not have a hard copy. I already have a hard copy NIV study bible. It has good deal of these things.  What about soft copy for ESV study bible in Accordance?

#2 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 2,572 posts
  • Interests:a great cup of coffee, sci-fi, jazz and the blues, kayaking, camping, fishing and the great outdoors
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:49 AM

Actually, one is already there!

Try opening the ESV Study Bible directly from your Library, not as a parallel pane to your Bible text. Click on the browser icon at the top left to open the browser. It will open and give you a really nice index to all the ESV Study Bible Resources.

Attached Thumbnails

• Screen Shot 2013-06-26 at 10.43.09 AM.png

Blessings,
"Dr. J"

Timothy P. Jenney, Ph. D.
"Lighting the Lamp" Host and Producer

Academic Licensing Assistant

iMac: Late 2014 27" 5k display, 4.0 GHz quad core i7, 24 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD,  AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB, OSX 10.11, El Capitan

MBP: Early 2011 17" MBP (8,3), 2.3 GHz quad core i7, 16 GB RAM, 480 SSD  + 1.5 TB HD, AMD Radeon HD 6750M, OSX 10.11, El Capitan

iPhone 6 plus: 64 GB, iOS 9.0.2

#3 revtim

revtim

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Interests:discipling, loving my wife and family, the Bible, preaching, & technology
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:48 PM

Dr. J,

I thought about that this morning, but I was not sure if that shows only the maps at the end of the ESV Study Bible.

In Christ,

Tim Hall

#4 ukfraser

ukfraser

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • Accordance Version:2.x
  • Platforms:iOS

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:26 PM

I had a look in an analogue copy in a bookshop and there is a list of illustrations listed before the list of contributors which appears to be missing in the accordance version. you are right about the list of maps just covering the ones at the end of the bible, a quick look in genesis reveals a colour map which is not listed in the maps in addition to a chart of genealogies. I agree a list would be useful, but its serendipity when you come across one!
Fraser Sims
Accordance 2x iOS 9x, occasionally accordance 11x on Mountain Lion
Other life enhancing software I use includes: forScore with AirTurn page turner for leading the music from my iPad, HymnQuest for selecting music, Sibelius for preparing music scores, Lightroom for my photo library.

#5 SGBCjax

SGBCjax

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 05 November 2015 - 07:15 AM

Would it be possible to make the charts in the ESV Study Bible (or any other resource with charts) display as a picture rather than like a spreadsheet?  

The ESV Study Bible pics are all so great & the charts just don't seem to be as clear in the spreadsheet format.   Notice the "Evaluating Kings of Israel and Judah in 1-2 Kings" chart in the ESV Study Bible for an example.  Thanks for the consideration.  

#6 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 9,856 posts
  • Twitter:accordancebible
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 05 November 2015 - 07:18 PM

If you make them pictures (which is much easier for us that making charts) the text inside cannot be searched. Is that really preferable?

Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#7 ukfraser

ukfraser

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • Accordance Version:2.x
  • Platforms:iOS

Posted 08 December 2015 - 05:56 PM

Helen, can i go back to the original theme of this thread. In the print copy, there is a separate index of all the images that appear in the text (in addition to the second index of the maps at the back of the volume). In my niv study bible in accordance you have included a similar index so that the accordance volume is the same as the hard copy niv study bible.

Are there any plans to include the missing index in the esv study bible so that it also is a direct copy of its hard copy equivalent?

(I have a photo on my phone if an image is required and in other instances you have updated your ecopies with missing material from printed copies).

Thanks

Fraser
Fraser Sims
Accordance 2x iOS 9x, occasionally accordance 11x on Mountain Lion
Other life enhancing software I use includes: forScore with AirTurn page turner for leading the music from my iPad, HymnQuest for selecting music, Sibelius for preparing music scores, Lightroom for my photo library.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users