IVP Christian Fathers Bundle (59 Volumes)
Requires Accordance 10.4 or above.
We can find value in ancient insights from voices that are sometimes closer chronologically to the actual events. At the same time, these voices often look at the Bible from a pre-critical point of view.
This bundle contains a collection of works related to the writings of the early Church Fathers. Total value of these products is $2,200.
- Ancient Christian Commentary on Scripture – The Ancient Christian Commentary on Scripture (Updated Edition) gives you a verse-by-verse commentary and topical view of the Bible and the Apocrypha that is based on the vast array of writings from the church fathers. This commentary, based on the RSV text, renders ancient Greek, Latin, Coptic, and Syriac writings in a lucid English translation, is ready to assist you in getting the most from the church fathers’ writings.
- Ancient Christian Texts (15 Volumes) – Ancient Christian Texts is a series of new translations of full-length commentaries and sermons based on biblical books or extended scriptural passages by early church leaders like Ambrosiaster, Origen, Cyril of Alexandria and many others, most of which are presented in English for the first time. With today’s best scholarship, the Ancient Christian Texts provides you with the resources you need to study for yourself the key writings of the early church in a way never before possible.
- Encyclopedia of Ancient Christianity (3 Volumes) – EAC covers eight centuries of the Christian church and comprises 3,220 entries by a team of 266 scholars from 26 countries representing a variety of Christian traditions. It draws upon such fields as archaeology, art and architecture, biography, cultural studies, ecclesiology, geography, history, philosophy, and theology.
- Ancient Christian Doctrine – This exciting five-volume series follows up on the acclaimed Ancient Christian Commentary on Scripture to provide patristic commentary on the Nicene Creed. The series renders primary Greek, Latin, Coptic, and Syriac source material from the church fathers in lucid English translation (some here for the first time) and gives readers unparalleled insight into the history and substance of what the early church believed.
- Ancient Christian Devotional – By helping you to read holy writings with ancient eyes, the church fathers offer you a deep drink from the only water that can give true life. These three guides to prayer and reflection combine excerpts from the writings of the church fathers as found in the Ancient Christian Commentary on Scripture with a simple structure for daily or weekly reading and prayer.
- Worshiping with the Church Fathers – The focus of this book is not liturgy but more broadly worship in its corporate and individual dimensions. We enter into the patristic understanding of baptism and the Eucharist. And, we come under the instruction and discipline of great spiritual teachers of prayer.
- Learning Theology with the Church Fathers – The early church fathers were great theologians–although they did not think of themselves as such. They were working pastors, involved in the daily life and leadership of their congregations. Yet they were wrestling with many of the great and formative questions of the Christian faith, such as the Trinity, the incarnation, the providence of God and the nature of the church. What would it be like to sit under the preaching and instruction of these great men, to look over their shoulders as they thought and wrote, or to hear them debate theological issues? Learning Theology with the Church Fathers offers us that experience.
- Reading Scripture with the Church Fathers – Christopher Hall introduces us to the early church, its unique world, and the sights and sounds of Scripture that are highlighted for them. As Hall points out, the ancient fathers hear music in Scripture where we remain tone-deaf.
- Living Wisely with the Church Fathers – Christopher Hall takes us to the ancient Mediterranean world, inquiring Christian leaders how to live a good life as a Christ follower. The menu of topics wends its way through wealth and poverty, war and violence, marriage and sexuality, theater and the arena, as well as the harsh realities of persecution and martyrdom. Gathering around Basil or Chrysostom or Augustine, we are instructed anew in the way of discipleship.
The following modules and groups are included when you purchase this package.
|Commentaries||ACCS Complete||Ancient Christian Commentary on Scripture (Complete 29-Volume Set)||329|
|Commentaries||ACT-15||Ancient Christian Texts (15 Volumes)||759|
|Dictionaries||EAC||Encyclopedia of Ancient Christianity (3 Volumes)||389|
|Devotionals||Ancient Devotional||Ancient Christian Devotional (3 Volumes)||42.9|
|History||Fathers-Living Wisely||Living Wisely with the Church Fathers (Hall)||21.9|
|History||Fathers-Scripture||Reading Scripture with the Church Fathers (Hall)||15.9|
|History||Fathers-Theology||Learning Theology with the Church Fathers||19.9|
|History||Fathers-Worship||Worshiping with the Church Fathers||19.9|
|Theology||Ancient Doctrine||Ancient Christian Doctrine (5 Volumes)||199|
There are no reviews yet.