New International Commentary on the Old Testament (28 volumes)
Requires Accordance 10.4 or above.
Scholars, pastors, and serious Bible students will welcome the fresh light that this commentary series casts on ancient yet familiar biblical texts. The contributors apply their proven scholarly expertise and wide experience as teachers to illumine our understanding of the Old Testament. As gifted writers, they present the results of the best recent research in an interesting manner.
Each commentary opens with an introduction to the biblical book, looking especially at questions concerning its background, authorship, date, purpose, structure, and theology. A select bibliography also points readers to resources for their own study. The author’s own translation from the original Hebrew forms the basis of the commentary proper. Verse-by-verse comments nicely balance in-depth discussions of technical matters — textual criticism, critical problems, and so on — with exposition of the biblical writer’s theology and its implications for the life of faith today.
This product contains the following 28 volumes:
- The Book of Genesis, Chapters 1–17–Victor P. Hamilton (1990)
- The Book of Genesis, Chapters 18–50–Victor P. Hamilton (1995)
- The Book of Leviticus–Gordon J. Wenham (1979)
- The Book of Numbers–Timothy Ashley (1993)
- The Book of Deuteronomy–Peter C. Craigie (1976)
- The Book of Joshua–Marten Woudstra (1981)
- The Book of Judges–Barry G. Webb (2012) (Added February 2016)
- The Book of Ruth–Robert L. Hubbard, Jr. (1989)
- The First Book of Samuel–David Toshio Tsumura (2007)
- The Second Book of Samuel–David Toshio Tsumura (2019)
- The Books of Ezra and Nehemiah–F. Charles Fensham (1983)
- The Book of Job–John E. Hartley (1988)
- The Book of Psalms–DeClaissé-Walford, Jacobson, Tanner (2014) (Added February 2016)
- The Book of Proverbs, Chapters 1–15–Bruce K. Waltke (2004)
- The Book of Proverbs, Chapters 15–31–Bruce K. Waltke (2005)
- The Book of Ecclesiastes–Tremper Longman III (1997)
- Song of Songs–Tremper Longman III (2001)
- The Book of Isaiah, Chapters 1–39–John N. Oswalt (1996)
- The Book of Isaiah, Chapters 40–66–John N. Oswalt (1997)
- The Book of Jeremiah–J.A. Thompson (1980)
- The Book of Ezekiel, Chapters 1–24–Daniel Block (1997)
- The Book of Ezekiel, Chapters 25–48–Daniel Block (1998)
- The Book of Hosea–J. Andrew Dearman (2010)
- The Books of Joel, Obadiah, Jonah, and Micah–Leslie C. Allen (1976)
- The Book of Amos–M. Daniel Carroll R. (2020)
- The Books of Nahum, Habakkuk, and Zephaniah–O. Palmer Robertson (1990)
- The Books of Haggai and Malachi–Mignon R. Jacobs (2017)
- The Book of Zechariah–Mark J. Boda (2016)
- Series Name: New International Commentary on the Old Testament (NICOT)
- Editors: R. K. Harrison, Robert L. Hubbard Jr.
- Authors: Barry G. Webb, Beth L. Tanner, Bruce K. Waltke, Daniel I. Block, David Toshio Tsumura, F. Charles Fensham, Gordon J. Wenham, J. A. Thompson, J. Andrew Dearman, John E. Hartley, John N. Oswalt, Leslie C. Allen, M. Daniel Carroll R., Mark J. Boda, Marten Woudstra, Mignon R. Jacobs, Nancy deClaissé-Walford, O. Palmer Robertson, Peter C. Craigie, Robert L. Hubbard Jr., Rolf A. Jacobson, Timothy Ashley, Tremper Longman III, Victor P. Hamilton
- Publisher: Wm. B. Eerdmans
- Bible Book: 1Samuel, 2Samuel, Amos, Deuteronomy, Ecclesiastes, Ezekiel, Ezra, Genesis, Habakkuk, Haggai, Hosea, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Job, Joel, Jonah, Joshua, Judges, Leviticus, Malachi, Micah, Nahum, Nehemiah, Numbers, Obadiah, Proverbs, Psalms, Ruth, Song, Zechariah, Zephaniah
- Categories: Commentaries
- Min Acc Version: 10.4
There are no reviews yet.