IVP New Testament Commentary Series, The
Category: Commentaries | Install Options: Download only | Minimum Acc Version: 10.4
Requires Accordance 10.4 or above.
For more information, see this release announcement.
Pastors with a passion for sound exposition and scholars with a heart for pastoral leadership have joined forces to produce this exciting commentary series.
Each volume, informed by the best of up-to-date evangelical scholarship, presents passage-by-passage commentary based on the NIV along with background information on authorship, setting, theme and various interpretive issues. A unique format allows the main commentary to focus on the vital message of the New Testament for today’s church, while a separate notes module includes valuable scholarly information to support those who use the volumes as a resource for preaching or teaching preparation.
Seldom have such readable commentary and reliable research helps been available in the same volume! Preachers, teachers, students and other individuals who want to dig deep into the heart of the New Testament will find an indispensable companion in the IVP New Testament Commentary Series.
- Designed for those who preach and teach from scripture
- Clear exposition of the text that pays attention to important exegetical issues
- Offers an engaging discussion of the text's meaning and application for today’s church
- Contributors are some of the best recent evangelical scholars
This commentary series includes volumes covering the entire New Testament:
- Matthew - Craig S. Keener (1997)
- Mark - Ronald J. Kernaghan (2007)
- Luke - Darrell L. Bock (1994)
- John - Rodney A. Whitacre (1999)
- Acts - William J. Larkin, Jr. (1999)
- Romans - Grant R. Osborne (2004)
- 1 Corinthians - Alan F. Johnson (2003)
- 2 Corinthians - Linda L. Belleville (1995)
- Galatians - G. Walter Hansen (1994)
- Ephesians - Walter L. Liefeld (1997)
- Philippians - Gordon D. Fee (1999)
- Colossians & Philemon - Robert W. Wall (1993)
- 1-2 Thessalonians - G. K. Beale (2003)
- 1-2 Timothy & Titus - Philip H. Towner (1994)
- Hebrews - Ray C. Stedman (1992)
- James - George M. Stulac (1993)
- 1 Peter - I. Howard Marshall (1991)
- 2 Peter and Jude - Robert Harvey & Philip H. Towner (2009)
- 1-3 John - Marianne Meye Thompson (1992)
- Revelation - J. Ramsey Michaels (1997)
This module comes with an associated Notes file (IVP-NTC Notes).
The IVP New Testament Commentary Series
• Series Editor: Grant R. Osborne
• Consulting Editors: D. Stuart Briscoe, Haddan Robinson
• Publisher: InterVarsity Press
Where To Find
IVP New Testament Commentary Series, The is included with the following packages: