NT Library Commentary: 1-3 John (Judith M. Lieu)
Category: Commentary Volumes | Install Options: Download only | Minimum Acc Version: 10.4
Requires Accordance 10.4 or above.
For even more information, see this article.
The New Testament's three letters attributed to John have always provided remarkable theological riches for the Christian tradition, including the assertion “God is love.” Each letter shows how an early Christian author responded to threats against authority by recourse to the correct teachings of the faith and a proper understanding of the relationship between Jesus and God. Together, these letters argue for a bond of unity among believers, based on fidelity to the truth of God.
The New Testament Library series offers authoritative commentary on every book and major aspect of the New Testament, providing fresh translations based on the best available ancient manuscripts, critical portrayals of the historical world in which the books were created, careful attention to their literary design, and a theologically perceptive exposition of the biblical text. The contributors are scholars of international standing.
You may be interested in these other OTL/NTL products:
- 68-volume WJK OT/NT Commentary / Companion Bundle
- 46-volume OT/NT Commentary Bundle
- OT Library Commentary Set (31 volumes)
- NT Library Commentary Set (15 volumes)
- Classic OT Library Commentary Set (9 volumes)
- OT Companion Bundle (9 volumes)
- NT Companion Bundle (4 volumes)
- Individual OTL volumes
- Individual NTL volumes
1-3 John: A Commentary
• Series: New Testament Library Commentary
• Author: Judith M. Lieu
• Publisher: Westminster John Knox Press (2008)