UBS Translator’s Handbooks - New Testament (20 volumes)
Category: Commentaries | Install Options: Download only
Special Sale through Friday, September 13, 2019 (11:59 PM EDT). Cannot be combined with any other discounts.
The Handbooks in the UBS Handbook Series are detailed commentaries providing valuable exegetical, historical, cultural, and linguistic information on the books of the Bible. They are prepared primarily to assist practicing Bible translators as they carry out the important task of putting God’s Word into the many languages spoken in the world today. The text is discussed verse by verse and is accompanied by running text in at least one modern English translation.
Over the years church leaders and Bible readers have found the UBS Handbooks to be useful for their own study of the Scriptures. Many of the issues Bible translators must address when trying to communicate the Bible’s message to modern readers are the ones Bible students must address when approaching the Bible text as part of their own private study and devotions.
The Handbooks will continue to be prepared primarily for translators, but we are confident that they will be useful to a wider audience, helping all who use them to gain a better understanding of the Bible message.
- Matthew - Barclay M. Newman, Philip C. Stine (1988)
- Mark - Robert G. Bratcher, Eugene A. Nida (1961)
- Luke - J. Reiling, J. L. Swellengrebel (1971)
- John - Barclay M. Newman, Eugene A. Nida (1980)
- Acts - Barclay M. Newman, Eugene A. Nida (1972)
- Romans - Barclay M. Newman, Eugene A. Nida (1973)
- 1 Corinthians - Paul Ellingworth, Howard Hatton
- 2 Corinthians - Roger L. Omanson, John Ellington
- Galatians - Daniel C. Arichea, Jr. Eugene A. Nida (1976)
- Ephesians - Robert G. Bratcher, Eugene A. Nida
- Philippians - I-Jin Loh, Eugene A. Nida
- Colossians & Philemon - Robert G. Bratcher, Eugene A. Nida
- Thessalonians - Paul Ellingworth, Eugene A. Nida (1976)
- 1 & 2 Timothy & Titus - Daniel C. Arichea, Howard A. Hatton (1995)
- Hebrews - Paul Ellingworth, Eugene A. Nida (1983)
- James - I-Jin Loh, Howard A. Hatton (1997)
- 1 Peter - Daniel C. Arichea, Eugene A. Nida (1980)
- Jude & 2 Peter - Daniel C. Arichea, Howard A. Hatton
- 1, 2 & 3 John - C. Haas, M. deJonge, J. L. Swellengrebel (1972)
- Revelation - Robert G. Bratcher, Howard A. Hatton (1993)
This module includes the complete New Testament series. The total book price is $605 but some volumes are currently out of print.
Watch the podcast:
UBS Translator’s Handbooks: New Testament
• Publisher: United Bible Societies
Where To Find
UBS Translator’s Handbooks - New Testament (20 volumes) is included with the following packages: