WBC vol 24-25: Isaiah 1-33 (Rev. Ed.) and 34-66 (Rev. Ed.) by John D. W. Watts
Category: Commentary Volumes | Install Options: Download only | Minimum Acc Version: 10.4
Requires Accordance 10.4 or above.
Use coupon code 3WBC to get at extra 10% off the purchase of three or more WBC modules.
About this module:
Dr. Watts has revisited this work he produced almost twenty years ago, updating it in light of current scholarship. He continues to hold to the unity of Isaiah, rather than ascribing it to two or three composers or schools, even though the work ranges over three crucial centuries of Israel’s history. Watts focuses on the central figure of Yahweh and examines the changing roles played by Israel, Jerusalem, Assyria, Babylon, and Persia. He carefully examines the language, form, theological content, and scriptural parallels of the book.
- Isaiah 1-33 - Revised Edition (Volume 24) by John D. W. Watts (2005)
- Isaiah 34-66 - Revised Edition (Volume 25) by John D. W. Watts (2005)
About this Series:
The Word Biblical Commentary delivers the best in biblical scholarship, from the leading scholars of our day who share a commitment to Scripture as divine revelation. This series emphasizes a thorough analysis of textual, linguistic, structural, and theological evidence. The result is judicious and balanced insight into the meanings of the text in the framework of biblical theology. These widely acclaimed commentaries serve as exceptional resources for the professional theologian and instructor, the seminary or university student, the working minister, and everyone concerned with building theological understanding from a solid base of biblical scholarship.
The WBC is the best-selling multi-volume commentary series in the market today. WBC authors are all experts in their field and skillfully bring the text to meaning through careful exegesis and exposition. Each WBC contributor creates his own translation based on the best texts and literature available. The WBC has the largest bibliography available.
In addition to this module, Word Biblical Commentary is available in the following formats:
- 62-volume set (including OT and NT)
- 36-volume OT set
- Updated 26-volume NT set
- Individual volumes of each available book
For details on this series, see this list of volumes.
Isaiah - Revised Editions (Volumes 24, 25)
• Series: Word Biblical Commentary
• General Editors: Bruce M. Metzger, David A. Hubbard, Glenn W. Barker
• Old Testament Editor: John D. W. Watts
• Associate Editor: James W. Watts (Old Testament)
• Author: John D. W. Watts
• Publisher: Formerly published by Thomas Nelson. Now published by Zondervan, a division of HarperCollins Christian Publishing (2005, 2005)