Zondervan Exegetical Commentary on the NT: Mark (Strauss)
Category: Commentary Volumes | Install Options: Download only
In this volume on Mark, Strauss carefully follows the argument of the Greek text in a straightforward, accessible, noncontroversial way. It's as if a master teacher were leading you through the text.
About the Series:
The Zondervan Exegetical Commentary on the New Testament is a modern commentary series designed to help pastors and Bible teachers understand the biblical text in its original environment. Each of the contributing evangelical scholars carefully consider factors such as grammatical detail, literary context, rhetorical flow, theological nuance, and historical setting in their interpretation. While primarily designed for those with a basic knowledge of biblical Greek, this series is accessible for all who want to understand and teach the New Testament.
Each passage is organized into the following sections:
- Literary Context: Explains how each passage functions within the book
- Main Idea: Summarizes the central message of the passage
- Translation in Graphic Layout: Presents a translation through a diagram that helps readers visualize the flow of thought within the text
- Exegetical Outline: Gives the overall structure of the passage
- Explanation of the Text: Provides interpretive insights into the background and meaning of the text
- Theology in Application: Discusses how the message of the text fits within the book itself and in a broader biblical-theological context, suggesting applications for the church today
For even more information, see this article.
• Series: Zondervan Exegetical Commentary on the New Testament
• General Editor: Clinton Arnold
• Author: Mark L. Strauss
• Publisher: Zondervan (2014)