Zondervan Exegetical Commentary on the OT / NT Bundle (14 volumes)
Category: Commentaries | Install Options: Download only
Gratitude and Passion Sale through Monday, May 27, 2019 (11:59 PM EDT). Cannot be combined with any other discounts.
The Zondervan Exegetical Commentary is a modern commentary series designed to help pastors and Bible teachers understand the biblical text in its original environment. Each of the contributing evangelical scholars carefully consider factors such as grammatical detail, literary context, rhetorical flow, theological nuance, and historical setting in their interpretation. While primarily designed for those with a basic knowledge of biblical languages, this series is accessible for all who want to understand and teach the Old and New Testament.
Each passage is organized into the following sections:
- Literary Context: Explains how each passage functions within the book
- Main Idea: Summarizes the central message of the passage
- Translation in Graphic Layout: Presents a translation through a diagram that helps readers visualize the flow of thought within the text
- Exegetical Outline: Gives the overall structure of the passage
- Explanation of the Text: Provides interpretive insights into the background and meaning of the text
- Theology in Application: Discusses how the message of the text fits within the book itself and in a broader biblical-theological context, suggesting applications for the church today
This bundle contains the 3-volume OT module and the 11-volume NT module.
Old Testament volumes:
- Ruth: The King is Coming (Daniel I. Block) (2015)
- Obadiah: The Kingship Belongs to YHWH (Daniel I. Block) (2013)
- Jonah: God’s Scandalous Mercy (Kevin J. Youngblood) (2013)
New Testament volumes:
- Matthew by Grant R. Osborne (2010)
- Mark by Mark L. Strauss (2014)
- Luke by David E. Garland (2012)
- John by Edward W. Klink III (2016)
- Acts by Eckhard J. Schnabel (2012)
- Galatians by Thomas R. Schreiner (2010)
- Ephesians by Clinton R. Arnold (2010)
- Colossians & Philemon by David W. Pao (2012)
- 1-2 Thessalonians by Gary S. Shogren (2012)
- James by Craig L. Blomberg and Mariam J. Kamell (2009)
- 1, 2, 3 John by Karen H. Jobes (2014)
Zondervan Exegetical Commentary
• Old Testament General Editor: Daniel I. Block
• New Testament General Editor: Clinton Arnold
• Publisher: Zondervan
The following modules and groups are included when you purchase this package. For details click the Title.