#1 Joel Brown

Joel Brown

Administrator

• Admin
  • 3,378 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows

Posted 30 April 2009 - 11:53 PM

Feedback for the recent announcement: Accordance and YouTube.

As many of you have undoubtedly noticed, we have been making a concerted effort to not only continue to expand the program's capabilities and resources, but also our method of reaching more people more effectively. We have a Twitter account, a Facebook page, a Blog with RSS feed, a video podcast: Lighting the Lamp about to go into full swing, and now our very own YouTube Channel!

On our YouTube page you'll see a link to a new short video we've developed for those trying to get a feel for Accordance, called What is Accordance?. We've also posted the English Study Demo (part 1 and part 2) for easier viewing. Don't forget to tell your friends, leave comments on the page, and let us know what you think!

Please let us know what you think!
Joel Brown

By day: Consultant for Oaktree
By night: Freelance Trombonist and Private Instructor

#2 Sean R.

Sean R.

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 02 May 2009 - 04:38 PM

I'm glad to see Accordance videos posted on YouTube. The "What is Accordance?" video is a nice intro. Are there plans to post the training DVD videos on YouTube?
Sean Reed

#3 jpkang

jpkang

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  • Twitter:MyMacHero
  • Interests:Comparative Semitics; ancient Hebrew semantics; Hebrew syntax; history and religion of ancient Israel; history of interpretation.
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 02 May 2009 - 07:26 PM

I'm glad to see Accordance videos posted on YouTube. The "What is Accordance?" video is a nice intro. Are there plans to post the training DVD videos on YouTube?

Sean and others: I want to make sure you're aware of http://www.accordanc...ning/Start.html. I think this version would be much more useful than YouTube, since (1) there is no loss in quality from the source video, (2) the content is helpfully organized, and (3) you can download the clips (may require QuickTime Pro).
J. P. Kang, Ph.D. (Bible)

#4 Sean R.

Sean R.

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 02 May 2009 - 08:24 PM

Sean and others: I want to make sure you're aware of http://www.accordanc...ning/Start.html. I think this version would be much more useful than YouTube, since (1) there is no loss in quality from the source video, (2) the content is helpfully organized, and (3) you can download the clips (may require QuickTime Pro).

Thanks! I actually own the training DVD so my suggestion isn't for my own use. I think having them on YouTube would be great simply for the reason more videos would show up when someone did a search for Accordance or Bible study software. Currently, a score or more Logos videos show up on YouTube. The training videos would provide a strong Accordance presence.

Just a thought. Thanks!

Edited by Sean R., 02 May 2009 - 08:25 PM.

Sean Reed

#5 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,962 posts
  • Twitter:accordancebible
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 08 May 2009 - 12:18 AM

We need the help of our loyal Accordance users. We need viewers for the YouTube movies, ratings, and comments. Please take just a few minutes to give us a leg up in this new venture. Won't cost you a penny.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users