Carta Bible Atlas Version 5?

Gedalya

Hi,

Will the Carta Bible Atlas ever be updated to version 5?  I think I have just version 4.

Hi,

Will the Carta Bible Atlas ever be updated to version 5?  I think I have just version 4.

Yes, we do plan to update it to the 5th edition. It will not be a free upgrade as it is a more significant update. No word on a release date quite yet though.

Thanks for the feedback.

• 11 months later...

The Carta Bible Atlas version 5 has made its debut and is a great addition to the Accordance library!!  :) 

Can you enumerate the improvements you see? I compared the screen shot of version 5 with version 4 which I have. The text appeared to be exactly the same. Since Rick said it was a significant upgrade I was wondering how much was improved and where?

Tony,

Please take a look at the Accordance blog for a list of improvements.

There is some info in the blog, scroll down.

40 new maps!

Additional information has been added to New Testament events. Also, an appendix adds maps based on information from the Onomasticon of Eusebius, bishop of Caesarea, extending the coverage of The Carta Bible Atlas to the 4th century AD.

https://www.accordancebible.com/blog/index.html

Edited by ukfraser

I should have been more specific. While some appreciate the monochromatic images they are not my preference. I own most of the Carta series and have found better quality maps in other Accordance resources. My interest was in the content of the text. I already own Sacred Bridge which is my go to resource for detailed information. I use the Zondervan Atlas for my lesser needs. I am trying to justify the need to upgrade.

FWIW, I had read the blog prior to the question. I was looking for the perspective of someone who had bought the upgrade and their initial impressions.

Edited by Tony Lawrence

Tony, from the preface, this also describes the new features:

The Carta Bible Atlas has consistently sought to provide increasing detail to each of the major events. As research has progressed and new discoveries been made, the succeeding authors have revised previous material, while adding fresh maps and texts to supply a more complete picture for many of the biblical narratives.

Rainey has added a number of maps from the broader Levantine history, placing the biblical events in a solid framework of Near Eastern culture and thoroughly revised subsequent chapters. Notley has revised and enhanced the portions dealing with New Testament events. He has also extended the reach of the atlas to the beginning of the fourth century a.d. by adding a chapter on the Holy Land according to the Onomasticon of Eusebius, bishop of Caesarea.

If there's anything specific you'd like to see, let me know. 

Tony, from the preface, this also describes the new features:

If there's anything specific you'd like to see, let me know.

Thanks!