EPub Reader in Accordance

pedcheung

One of the things I really like about BibleWorks is their embedded EPub reader.  Because I have purchased a lot of Christian Ebooks, I would love to be able to read the eBook within the workspace of Accordance.  Being able to do simple searches would be great too.

I don't need to import EPub books into a user tool.  Most ePub Ebooks that I own are copyrighted, and I cannot edit and modify another person's work.  I was reading Sinclair Ferguson's The Whole Christ, and I wished I could have read it inside Accordance.  So when a passage of Scripture is referenced, I can take a deeper dive into the text.

Pedro

• Like 7

I have mentioned this before.

Also have I wrote a manual how to prepare EPub books for User Tools. https://www.accordancebible.com/forums/topic/16044-how-to-add-epubs-to-accordance-user-tools/

You can also vote for this function: https://www.accordancebible.com/forums/topic/17510-support-for-htmls-with-base64-coded-pictures/?hl=base64This will also Images which are in an EPub (HTML) import in Accordance, by import the HTML so we don't have to add it later. Unfortunately not enough have realized the benefit which brings this functions. So the +1 are missed. This is also a step to add later the EPub function.

• Like 1

Thanks for your PM and your tutorial on preparing epubs for import as a user tool.  

I would be happy just to have an EPub reader in Accordance so I can read non-DRM ebooks.  I'm looking at BibleWorks 10's epub reader as a sufficient comparable feature.  I don't need full indexing and hyperlinks.

That being said, I can see being able to embed images into an HTML and importing the HTML file as a user tool to be very powerful.  

Stephen Wellum just came out with a new book on Christology.  It's available as an EPub book on crossway.org.  I would love to purchase it from Crossway, then read it in Accordance instead of my Ebook reader.  That way, I can quickly dive deeper into Scripture when I want a closer look at various verses, passages, and Original texts.

John Piper has a lot of free books available to read.  I don't expect Accordance to add it to their library, but having an ePub reader within the Accordance application on desktop just would be so nice.

Perhaps it's wishful thinking.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This is definitely something I would like too.

Reading an ePub and having immediately the Bible texts on the screen would be great.

At the moment it involves at least 2 or 3 applications:

1. Accordance for bible and so on

2. Caliber for all books

3 DEVONthink pro office for a full index and great search ablilties