Screen Recording Software

Diatheke76

Is there a particular screen recorder software that could work to do some teaching with my paper and Bible opened in Accordance. I’d like to do short lessons and use whiteboard mode too to mark up in real-time while recording the lesson. Kind if like Look at the book, but on steroids with Accordance

I assume you want this on Windows. I use Flashback Express Pro. There is a free version (Flashback Express) you can try first or if you don't need the Pro features. I did some Accordance searching videos with it.

Thx

D

I assume you want this on Windows. I use Flashback Express Pro. There is a free version (Flashback Express) you can try first or if you don't need the Pro features. I did some Accordance searching videos with it.

Thx

D

Are these videos available?

Camtasia is the granddaddy of them all, but also expensive. If you're on a Mac you can use Quicktime for free, but it has limited features.

I use Camatasia for a lot of the Accordance videos I create, including the new v. 13 feature videos that are in process.  

Thanks for the responses! I’ll be checking out some of the free ones and if they don’t satisfy, then it’s fine, I’m willing to pay. I have a $200 gift card I can spend and this is what came to my mind

If your needs and budget are moderate, and since you're checking out options, take a look at Bandicam, too. Low cost, good output. 

If your needs and budget are moderate, and since you're checking out options, take a look at Bandicam, too. Low cost, good output.

Thanks! I was reading about it in an article about top 10 screen recording software

I have used ScreenFlow (mac only) for years - It works great for screencasts

• Like 1

I have used ScreenFlow (mac only) for years - It works great for screencasts

I’m not rich, so no Mac for me

I have found a software that costs $29.99

It’s called Filmora Scrn and it offers cool basic features to start screen recording. I figured that investing this small amount won’t be so bad even if it turns out to be not so great. I’ve seen good reviews so far. Has anybody experimented with it?

If you want free...

Techsmith (parent company of Camtasia) offers a free version called Screencast. It has some limitations, of course, but for shorter stuff, it works fine.

The other way to go for free is to use PowerPoint. You can use a blank slide, then use Recording > Screen recording. You can select anywhere on your screen (it doesn't have to be in the PowerPoint), record audio... When you are done, export it as a MP4. Again, some limitations, but it is free.

There is a screen capture software that is part of video studio pro by corel. It works well and the video editing software rivals much more expensive packages i.e. allowing multi track audio and video, picture in picture, etc...

I think I’ll go with Camtasia since they’re offering me a great discount on their software that’s more polished and has better reviews than movavi, filmora and other screen recorders. Plus it has a lot of extras, including mobile app and free 2020 upgrade if I purchase. The trial version is convincing me

I think I’ll go with Camtasia since they’re offering me a great discount on their software that’s more polished and has better reviews than movavi, filmora and other screen recorders. Plus it has a lot of extras, including mobile app and free 2020 upgrade if I purchase. The trial version is convincing me

• Like 1

You won't regret purchasing Camtasia. It's a wonderful product for what you're wanting to do. I use it multiple times a week.

• Like 1

You won't regret purchasing Camtasia. It's a wonderful product for what you're wanting to do. I use it multiple times a week.

I’m looking forward to those new videos so I can get ideas

I’m looking forward to those new videos so I can get ideas using Camtasia.

If you're referring to the Accordance 13 feature videos, you can see ones already posted on Vimeo, YouTube and our "Go with Accordance 13" web page. On Vimeo and YouTube, looks specifically for the ones subtitled "New in Accordance 13." All of those were made in Camtasia and recorded in 4K.