BiblicalTraining.org Partners with Accordance
Many Accordance users are already well acquainted with the resources for spiritual growth at BiblicalTraining.org. However, if you’re not, you will discover a wealth of material at the BiblicalTraining website. As described at the site,
BiblicalTraining.org is a complete resource of free Bible classes along with a library of over 14,000 articles on biblical topics. All Bible classes are taught by world-class Bible instructors. Whether it’s a single Bible class or a curriculum of Bible classes that interest you, our online Bible classes are free of charge and at your fingertips.
Now, BiblicalTraining and Accordance Bible Software are partnering together to integrate some of the best of BiblicalTraining content directly into Accordance. All who have upgraded to Accordance 11 now have the new BiblicalTraining.org Biblical Studies Collection in their Accordance Library (check the Biblical Studies section).
In keeping with the vision of Dr. Bill Mounce to bring quality Christian education to all believers, the Biblical Studies Collection in Accordance is divided into two primary sections: Foundations and Institute.
Foundations is designed as a 12-week curriculum for a new believer, but even longtime Christians will find content that is of benefit to their spiritual growth. The Institute section will take you to a much deeper level of biblical understanding by offering surveys of both the Old and New Testaments, explorations into the principles of sound hermeneutics, as well as going deep into systematic theology. There are also sections on worship and leadership to round out one’s course of study.
The purpose of BiblicalTraining.org is to equip believers by creating and distributing world-class educational resources for discipleship.
This title contains a number of biblical training courses complete with class outlines and hyperlinks to the BiblicalTraining.org audio and video recordings of the actual training sessions taught by some of the best academics in the world.
The module also contains the course outlines and hyperlinks for the following courses:
- Life is a Journey (Dr. Bill Mounce) - This 12-week curriculum provides the foundational truths for all disciples of Jesus, and it encourages mature believers to mentor younger ones (6 hours)
- Bible Survey: A Big Screen Perspective (Dr. Bert Downs) - For some of us our knowledge of the Bible is like a refrigerator door covered with unrelated post-it notes. For some it’s like reading a dictionary; important pieces of information but no thread to the story. This course will help you make sense of all those pieces (5 hours)
- Understanding the Old Testament (Dr. Paul House) - An overview of the content and themes in the Old Testament (12 hours)
- Understanding the New Testament (Dr. Craig Blomberg) - An overview of the content and themes of the New Testament (10 hours)
- Bible Study Methods (Dr. Mark Stauss) - This course will introduce you to the basics questions of how to study your Bible. (6 hours)
- What Every Christian Should Believe (Dr. Gerry Breshears) - This class was designed specifically for church leadership, what they should understand theologically and practically about their faith system (15 hours)
- Dynamics of Christian Spirituality (Dr. Glen Scorgie) - This class will help those who are at the beginning stages of the spiritual journey. It talks about the dynamics of spiritual growth, how to become more like Christ (11 hours)
- Essentials of World Missions (Dr. Timothy Tennent) - The "others" that we are to love are not only those around us — our family, neighborhood, and church.
- Essentials of Worship (Dr. Gary Parrett) - This class will help you understand not only Sunday morning but how you should be responding to God on a constant basis (3 hours)
- Old Testament Survey (Dr. Douglas Stuart) - This course is an overview of the Old Testament from Genesis to Malachi.
- New Testament Survey - Gospels (Dr. Robert Stein) - This is the first part of an introductory course to the New Testament, covering the books Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. (21 hours)
- New Testament Survey - Acts to Revelation (Dr. Robert Stein) - This is the second part of an introductory course to the New Testament, covering the books from Acts to Revelation.
- Biblical Hermeneutics (Dr. Robert Stein) - This course is an introduction to the principles and practice of biblical interpretation.
- Systematic Theology I (Dr. Bruce Ware) - The main subjects covered are an explanation of and rationalization for systematic theology, description of some of the major protestant theological systems, and the doctrines of scripture, God, humanity and sin.
- Systematic Theology II (Dr. Bruce Ware) - The second of a two semester class on Systematic Theology.
- Worship (Dr. Gary Parrett) - This course is an introductory level course in worship.
- Principles of Effective Leadership (Dr. John Johnson) - This is a core leadership course designed for those who intend to be future leaders in ministry.
Coming Soon: An upcoming update to the BiblicalTraining.org Biblical Studies Collection in Accordance will add complete transcripts of the included audio and video lectures. With the ability to take notes on any title, added in Accordance 11, users will be able to incorporate their own personal reflections, insights and applications to the lectures by the world-renown scholars listed above.