Top Ten Reasons to Attend the Users' Conference: #7 and #6
Over the past few weeks I've been counting down the Top Ten Reasons you should plan to attend the Accordance Users' Conference in the Dallas area September 24-25. Here again are reasons 8, 9, and 10, along with reasons 6 and 7:
10. Hang Out with Other Accordance Users: See here for more.
9. Get to Know Accordance Developers: See here for more.
8. Go Light or Heavy: See here for more.
7. Get Personal and Practical Help: I mentioned this in passing in my previous post about the Users' Conference, but the user's conference is designed to give more personalized help than is possible with our more lecture-oriented training seminars. We want you to come in and tell us how you study the Bible, about your sermon prep workflow, and how you're researching your dissertation. We want you to bring us the projects you're working on and ask how you can better utilize Accordance to accomplish your goals. There's no way we can do that in a seminar, but the workshops and extended break times are designed to give you that opportunity in abundance.
6. Try Before You Buy and Buy at a Discount: Accordance offers an incredible library of resources, such as huge commentary sets (Word, Hermeneia, NIGTC, NAC, NIVAC, etc.) and original language resources found nowhere else (Göttingen Septuagint, CNTTS Apparatus, Qumran Biblical Manuscripts, etc.). Some of these resources represent a substantial investment, and you naturally want to be sure you'll use them before you plunk down your hard-earned cash. If you're mulling over a major purchase, the User's Conference will give you the chance to grab an Accordance staff member and say, "What's all the fuss about Göttingen about?" Or perhaps you'll want to ask other users, "What commentaries do you prefer?" Check things out until you know exactly what you'll be getting, and when you're ready to make a purchase, you'll be able to take advantage of substantial conference discounts.
We're now halfway through our top ten reasons to attend the Users' Conference. Look for even better reasons to attend in upcoming posts, and be sure to pre-register before the end of this month.