While half our development staff are rushed off their feet at SBL, our Android team has been putting the finishing touches to the next release. Accordance Mobile for Android is now posted to the Google Play and Amazon AppStore and is also available for direct download.
We’ll post more about this significant update, but here’s a list of features and changes:
- Support for all modules up to 12.2 (except for Quran).
- A Quick Preferences dialog for quickly adjusting common settings and the new Night Mode option.
- Expanded details in Instant Details (similar to the CMD toggle on desktop):
- A spinning progress indicator is visible when fetching expanded instant details in the background.
- Added a preference option to disable the expanded details (for slower devices).
- A more immersive Reading Mode with fullscreen display and a thinner pane divider.
- Amplify by Lexeme on Key Number texts in Instant Details.
- A direct link to the Accordance Store from the app menu.
- An internal web viewer.
- See the current section title in reading mode for Tool modules.
- A larger Instant Details panel to show more content.
- See download progress in Easy Install.
- Pinch-zoom in the internal image viewer.
- Added a ‘Search’ option to the text selection popup bar.
- Redesigned the top toolbar to always show a search box and determine which menu items to show based on available space.
- Changed split-pane mode to use the previous orientation when returning to split-pane instead of always defaulting to vertical split.
- Text selectors can now be dragged past one another seamlessly, reversing the direction of the selection (previously the start selector was prevented from being dragged beyond the end selector and vice versa).
- Changed Flex Search option to persist instantly when toggled, even if a search is not run.