We are thrilled to announce the release in Accordance Bible Software of the Revised International Standard Bible Encyclopedia, 1995, Eerdmans.
Revised International Standard Bible Encyclopedia
Typically, when I hear the word ‘revised’ or ‘updated’, I think of minor changes or that some new information has been added to an existing work. However, the ISBE Revised is vastly and distinctly different from its predecessor. The award-winning Revised International Standard Bible Encyclopedia is a completely new version of the original 1915 edition. Covering over 9,000 topics in-depth, the Revised ISBE is the most comprehensive Bible dictionary available today. This exhaustive Biblical encyclopedia includes meticulously researched articles by nearly 200 authors of diverse nationality and point of view covering virtually every topic and point of interest in the Bible and Apocrypha.
Whether you are new to the study of biblical history or a seasoned Bible scholar, ISBE Revised will provide you with a greater understanding and appreciation of the culture and background of the Bible. Detailed information is included on the language and literature of the biblical world, as well as biblical culture, history and religious environments. Based on the Revised Standard Version, ISBE Revised contains cross-reference entries for forms used in the King James Version and the New English Bible, making it readily accessible to a wider range of readers.
- Completely updated in four volumes – 4,466 pages – 9,000 topics and 3,500 cross-references
- Brand new maps and illustrations with more than 1,485 photos – 138 in full color – and 342 maps
- Comprehensive articles on every person, place, and word of significance in the Bible
- All Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic words are transliterated to aid those with limited or no knowledge of the original language
- The most up-to-date, multi-volume Bible encyclopedia written by conservative scholars
- Examines major Bible doctrines and provides opposing articles on controversial topics to ensure a rounded explanation and description
- Includes a comprehensive outline at the outset with major articles subdivided
- Bibliographies provided to enable accurate sourcing and further study
- Evangelical Christian Publishers Association, Gold Medallion award for Bible Study/Theology (1980)
This extremely valuable resource is guaranteed to stand the test of time by assisting academics, pastors, and anyone with a thirst for understanding the Bible and its background.
This is the best electronic version available – with the Accordance Advantage.
The Revised International Standard Bible Encyclopedia is now available for only $149 (print value $300).
If you own and keep this edition in another software program you can apply for the crossgrade for $44.90. This applies only to the Revised or second edition available with other software, not to the 1915 edition.