Bundle of Five (5) Preaching Resources by Crossway
This bundle offers a collection of resources from Crossway Books that provides practical pastoral helps and wisdom. Including studies of heroes of the past and aids to more effective preaching, this collection is sure to benefit pastors, preachers, and teachers.
This bundle includes the following titles:
- The Faithful Preacher: Recapturing the Vision of Three Pioneering African-American Pastors by Thabiti M. Anyabwile – The cliché is that those who do not learn from the mistakes of the past are doomed to repeat them. But Thabiti Anyabwile contends that it is not the mistakes we must study; it is the people who have overcome them. So he presents three of the most influential African-American pastors in American history who can teach us what faithful ministry entails.
- Inductive Preaching: Helping People Listen by Ralph L. Lewis and Greg Lewis – If you’re a preacher, you probably know the feeling of messages not being received or congregations seemingly not listening. But it doesn’t have to be that way. You can learn to preach in a way that will be readily, even eagerly, received by your congregation.
- Practical Wisdom for Pastors: Words of Encouragement and Counsel for a Lifetime of Ministry by Curtis C. Thomas – A ministry veteran covers virtually all areas of a pastor’s job with a wealth of practical insight culled from 44 years in the pastorate.
- Using Illustrations to Preach with Power by Bryan Chapell – This book clearly affirms that illustrations are integral to powerful preaching—not because they entertain but because they expand and deepen applications in the lives of your listeners.
- Preaching Christ in All of Scripture by Edmund P. Clowney – Voicing one theme for the entire Bible and structuring all sermons around that idea may seem to be an impossible challenge. For veteran pastor and preaching professor Edmund Clowney it will not do to preach a text from either the Old or New Testaments without fully preaching its ultimate and primary focus-the person and work of Jesus Christ. He writes, “To see the text in relation to Christ is to see it in its larger context, the context of God’s purpose in revelation.”
The following modules and groups are included when you purchase this package.
|Preaching Christ in All of Scripture (Clowney)
|Practical Wisdom for Pastors
|Using Illustrations to Preach with Power (Revised Edition)
|Faithful Preacher, The (Anyabwile)
There are no reviews yet.