Discipleship Essentials (Odgen): A Guide to Building Your Life in Christ / January 25, 2019
Requires Accordance 11.2 or above.
We grow in Christ as we seek him together. Jesus’ own pattern of disciple-making was to be intimately involved with others and allow life to rub against life. By gathering in twos or threes to study the Bible and encourage one another, we most closely follow Jesus’ example with the twelve disciples. This workbook by Greg Ogden is a tool designed to help you follow this pattern Jesus drew for us. Working through it will deepen your knowledge of essential Christian teaching and strengthen your faith. Each week contains the following elements:
- a core truth presented in a question-and-answer format
- a memory verse and accompanying study
- a field-tested inductive Bible study
- a reading on the theme for the week
- questions to draw out key principles in the reading
This material is designed for groups of three. It has also been used successfully as an individual study program, a one-on-one discipling tool, and small group curriculum. This expanded and completely updated edition includes a new guide for leaders. Jesus had a big enough vision to think small. Focusing on a few did not limit his influence. Rather, it expanded it. Discipleship Essentials is designed to help us influence others as Jesus did―by investing in a few.
About the Author
Greg Ogden is a speaker, teacher, and writer with over twenty-four years experience in pastoral ministry. He is the author of several church ministry and discipleship resources such as Discipleship Essentials, Transforming Discipleship, and The Essential Commandment.
- Series Name: The Essentials Set
- Authors: Greg Ogden
- Publisher: InterVarsity Press USA
- Publish Date: January 25, 2019
- ISBN: 978-0830821280
- # of Pages: 256
- Level: Devotional, Popular
- Tradition: Evangelical, Protestant
- Language: English
- Categories: Biblical Studies
- Publisher Categories: Christian Bible Study Guides
- Min Acc Version: 11.2
There are no reviews yet.