Expositor’s Bible Commentary (12 Volumes) / January 01, 1990
Requires Accordance 10.4 or above.
Seventy-eight renowned international evangelical scholars worked for eighteen years on the Gold Medallion Award-winning 12-volume Expositor’s Bible Commentary (EBC) to give you their best! This reference work provides pastors and other Bible students with a comprehensive and scholarly tool for the exposition of the Scriptures, and the teaching and proclamation of their message. Just click — and clear biblical analysis appears side by side with any Bible text.
Additional articles expound 35 topics of interest to every Christian, such as the authority and inspiration of the Bible, Old Testament history, Jesus in the Gospels, archaeology, and more. Contributors include F. F. Bruce, Geoffrey W. Bromiley, Bruce K. Waltke, Walter C. Kaiser, Jr., Gleason L. Archer, Jr., Gordon D. Fee, William Sanford, and Edwin Yamauchi.
- Volume 1: Introductory Articles (General, OT, NT)
- Volume 2: Genesis through Numbers
- Volume 3: Deuteronomy through 2 Samuel
- Volume 4: 1 Kings through Job
- Volume 5: Psalms through Song of Songs
- Volume 6: Isaiah through Ezekiel
- Volume 7: Daniel and the Minor Prophets
- Volume 8: Matthew, Mark, Luke
- Volume 9: John, Acts
- Volume 10: Romans through Galatians
- Volume 11: Ephesians through Philemon
- Volume 12: Hebrews through Revelation
You may also be interested in the fully revised 13-volume version of the Expositor’s Bible Commentary.
- Editors: Frank E. Gaebelein
- Authors: A. Skevington Wood, Alan F. Johnson, Allen P. Ross, Arthur A. Rupprecht, Carl E. Armerding, Charles Lee Feinberg, Curtis Vaughan, D. A. Carson, D. Edmond Hiebert, David F. Payne, Dennis F. Kinlaw, Donald H. Madvig, Donald W. Burdick, Earl S. Kalland, Edwin A. Blum, Edwin M. Yamauchi, Elmer B. Smick, Everett F. Harrison, F. B. Huey Jr., Frank E. Gaebelein, Geoffrey W. Grogan, Gleason L. Archer Jr., Glenn W. Barker, H. L. Ellison, Herbert Wolf, Homer A. Kent Jr., J. Stafford Wright, J.D. Douglas, James Montgomery Boice, John H. Sailhamer, Kenneth L. Barker, Larry Lee Walker, Leon J. Wood, Leon L. Morris, Merrill C. Tenney, Murray J. Harris, R. Laird Harris, Ralph Earle, Ralph H. Alexander, Richard D. Patterson, Richard N. Longenecker, Robert L. Thomas, Ronald B. Allen, Ronald F. Youngblood, Thomas E. McComiskey, W. Harold Mare, Walter C. Kaiser Jr., Walter L. Liefeld, Walter W. Wessel, Willem A. VanGemeren
- Publisher: Zondervan
- Publish Date: January 1, 1990
- Bible Book: New Testament, Old Testament
- Level: Semi-technical, Student
- Tradition: Evangelical, Reformed Christian
- Categories: Commentaries
- Min Acc Version: 10.4
The following modules and groups are included when you purchase this package.
|Accessory Modules||EBC Notes||EBC Notes||0|
Where to Find
Expositor’s Bible Commentary (12 Volumes) is included with the following packages
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngMaster1017||English Master Collection (Accordance 12) (October 2017)||29999|
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngMaster0218||English Master Collection (Accordance 12) (February 2018)||30899|
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngMaster0518||English Master Collection (Accordance 12) (May 2018)||31599|
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngMaster0818||English Master Collection (Accordance 12) (August 2018)||33399|
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngMaster1118||English Master Collection (Accordance 12) (November 2018)||33999|
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngMaster0319||English Master Collection (Accordance 12) (February 2019)||34399|
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngMaster0519||English Master Collection (Accordance 12) (May 2019)||35549|
|Primary Collections||Coll13-EngMaster1119||English Master Collection (Accordance 13) (November 2019)||36999|
|Primary Collections||Coll13-EngMaster0420||English Master Collection (Accordance 13) (April 2020)||37499|
|Primary Collections||Coll13-EngMaster0720||English Master Collection (July 2020)||38699|
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngMaster1016||English Master Collection (Accordance 12) (October 2016)||24999|
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngMaster0117||English Master Collection (Accordance 12) (January 2017)||25799|
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngMaster0417||English Master Collection (Accordance 12) (April 2017)||26799|
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngMaster0717||English Master Collection (Accordance 12) (July 2017)||27999|
|Primary Bundles||SPP-ICB11.12||ICB Purchase 11.2012||0|
|Primary Bundles||SPP-ICB8.14||ICB Purchase 8.2014||0|
|Primary Bundles||SPP-IBS19||Bible Society in Israel, Special Purchase 2019||0|
|English Studies||EBC-CD||Expositor’s Bible Commentary CD-ROM||159|
|Add-on Bundles||All-in-All 2Q15||All-in-All Accordance Program (2nd Quarter 2015)||16999|
|Add-on Bundles||All-in-All 3Q15||All-in-All Accordance Program (3rd Quarter 2015)||18699|
|Add-on Bundles||All-in-All 4Q15||All-in-All Accordance Program (4th Quarter 2015)||19999|
|Add-on Bundles||All-in-All 1Q16||All-in-All Accordance Program (1st Quarter 2016)||21249|
|Add-on Bundles||All-in-All 3Q16||All-in-All Accordance Program (3rd Quarter 2016)||23999|
|Add-on Bundles||All-in-All 1Q15||All-in-All Accordance Program (1st Quarter 2015)||15999|
(verified owner) Ukfraser
I have been disappointed with this set.
I initially had the abridged volume on accordance which i found i was using a lot of my time. At the time ‘best commentaries’ rated this set very highly and so i bought it. While there is more text, i never came away after reading it feeling that it was a major upgrade to the abridged volume.
I was then fortunate to finally purchase the wbc set thanks to a brilliant accordance offer. This set now remains unused. If i want a single volume commentary, i tend to use the oxford companion instead of the abridged volume as this is better integrated with the nrsv which is the primary translation i use.