Expositor’s Bible, The (43 Volumes) (Nicoll)
Requires Accordance 10.4 or higher.
The Expositor’s Bible is one of the most-recognized standards of expository commentaries. It was written by twenty-nine eminent scholars of the day who were also full-time preachers. These writers also represent every important branch of Protestantism. The Expositor’s Bible may thus be regarded as an inter-denominational exposition. It conclusively demonstrates the hearty agreement of all thoughtful persons on the profound realities and essentials of the Christian Faith. It shows how this Faith is to be preached with the conviction and persuasiveness which its opulent gospel justly merits.
This notable work was conceived and carried out by Sir William Robertson Nicoll, C.H., D.D., LL.D. He had an exceptional knowledge of religious and literary, of theological and philosophical, thought. He understood what were the most urgent needs of the church as to spiritual enlightenment, for the better exercise of the Church’s mission in advancing the Kingdom of Christ to earth’s remotest bounds.
“This set, originally published in 1903, contains expositions by both conservative and liberal theologians. The most important works are by Dod (Genesis), Chadwick (Exodus and Mark), Kellogg (Leviticus), Blaikie (Joshua, I and II Samuel), Adeney (Ezra, Nehemiah and Esther), Maclaren (Psalms), Moule (Romans), Findlay (Galatians and Ephesians), Plummer (Pastoral Epistles and the Epistles of James and Jude), and Milligan (Revelation.)”—Cyril J. Barber, The Minister’s Library
This module includes the following volumes:
- Genesis – Prof. Marcus Dods
- Exodus – By Rev. G. A. Chadwick
- Leviticus – Rev. S. H. Kellogg
- Numbers – By R. A. Watson, M.A.
- Deuteronomy – Andrew Harper, D.D.
- Joshua – By Prof. W. G. Blaikie, D.D.
- Judges and Ruth – R. A. Watson
- 1 Samuel – Prof. W. G. Blaikie
- 2 Samuel – Prof. W. G. Blaikie
- 1 Kings – By Rev. F. W. Farrar
- 2 Kings – Rev. F. W. Farrar, D.D.
- Books of Chronicles – W. H. Bennett
- Ezra, Neh., Esther – W. F. Adeney
- The Book of Job – By R. A. Watson
- The Psalms (3 Volumes) – By A. Maclaren
- Proverbs – Rev. R. F. Horton
- Ecclesiastes – By Rev. Samuel Cox
- Song of Solomon and The Lamentations of Jeremiah – Prof. W. F. Adeney
- Isaiah (2 Volumes) – Prof. G. A. Smith
- Jeremiah (Volume 1) (1-20) – Rev. C. J. Ball
- Jeremiah (Volume 2) (21-52) – Prof. W. H. Bennett
- Ezekiel – Prof. John Skinner
- Daniel – Rev. F. W. Farrar
- Twelve Prophets (2 Volumes) – Prof. G. A. Smith
- St. Matthew – John Monro Gibson
- St. Mark – G. A. Chadwick
- St. Luke – Henry Burton
- Gospel of St. John (2 Volumes) – Marcus Dods
- Acts of the Apostles (2 Volumes) – G. T. Stokes
- Romans – H. C. G. Moule D.D.
- 1 Corinthians (Sixth Edition) – Marcus Dods
- 2 Corinthians – James Denney
- Galatians – G. G. Findlay
- Ephesians (Third Edition) – G. G. Findlay
- Philippians – Robert Rainy
- Colossians / Philemon (Tenth Edition) – Alexander Maclaren
- 1 and 2 Thessalonians – James Denney
- Pastoral Epistles – Alfred Plummer
- Hebrews – Thomas Charles Edwards
- St. James and St. Jude – A. Plummer
- Epistles of St. Peter – J. Rawson Lumby
- Epistles of St. John (Fourth Edition) – William Alexander
- Revelation – William Milligan
3/13/15 Update: The 1.1 update adds volumes covering Romans and James/Jude.
8/3/15 Update: The 2.0 update adds volumes covering Genesis through 2 Samuel.
1/23/19 Update: The 3.0 update adds volumes covering 1 Kings through the Twelve Prophets.
The Expositor’s Bible
• Editor: Sir William Robertson Nicoll
- Authors: Alexander Maclaren, Alfred Plummer, Andrew Harper, C. J. Ball, F. W. Farrar, G. A. Chadwick, G. A. Smith, G. G. Findlay, G. T. Stokes, Handley C.G. Moule, Henry Burton, J. Rawson Lumby, James Denney, John Monro Gibson, John Skinner, Marcus Dods, R. F. Horton, Robert A. Watson, Robert Rainy, S. H. Kellogg, Samuel Cox, Thomas Charles Edwards, W. F. Adeney, W. H. Bennett, William Alexander, William Garden Blaikie, William Milligan, William Robertson Nicoll
- Bible Book: New Testament, Old Testament
- Level: Pastor, Popular
- Tradition: Protestant
- Categories: Commentaries
- Min Acc Version: 10.4
Where to Find
Expositor's Bible, The (43 Volumes) (Nicoll) is included with the following packages
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngPro||English Pro Collection (Accordance 12)||999.00|
|Primary Collections||Coll13-EngPro||English Pro Collection (Accordance 13)||999.00|
|Primary Collections||Collection11-Advanced||Advanced Collection (Accordance 11)||999.00|
|Primary Collections||Dev-Super||Developing Countries Package – Super||199.00|
|Primary Collections||Dev-Super_13||Developing Countries Package – Super with Accordance 13||199.00|
|Primary Collections||Collection11-Ultimate||Ultimate Collection (Accordance 11)||1999.00|
|Primary Bundles||WS Crossover13||WS Crossover: Accordance 13||199.00|
|Academic Bundles||Collection11-Advanced_16||Advanced Collection (Accordance 11)||999.00|
|Academic Bundles||Collection11-Ultimate_16||Ultimate Collection (Accordance 11)||1999.00|
There are no reviews yet.