Five Views on Church and Politics (Counterpoints Series)
For more information, see this summary article.
There are 35 volumes available from this series and are available in the following products:
- The 8-Volume Set (Release 3) that includes this module
- A 16-Volume Set (Release 1)
- An 11-Volume Set (Release 2)
- The 35-Volume Series Bundle (all currently available volumes)
- Thirty-five individual volumes are also available.
Requires Accordance 10.4 or above.
Few topics can grab headlines and stir passions quite like politics, especially when the church is involved.
Considering the attention that many Christian parachurch groups, churches, and individual believers give to politics—and of the varying and sometimes divergent political ideals and aims among them—Five Views on the Church and Politics provides a helpful breakdown of the possible Christian approaches. Readers will find themselves equipped to think more deeply about the relationship between church and state in a way that goes beyond mere policy debates and current campaigns.
General Editor Amy Black brings together five top-notch political theologians in the book, each representing one of the five key political traditions within Christianity:
- Anabaptist (Separationist)—Thomas Heilke
- Lutheran (Two Kingdom)—Robert Benne
- Catholic (In Tension)—J. Brian Benestad
- Reformed (Integrationist)—James K. A. Smith
- Black Church (Prophetic)—Bruce Fields
Each author addresses his tradition’s theological distinctives, the role of government, the place of individual Christian participation in government and politics, and how churches should (or should not) address political questions. Responses by each contributor to opposing views will highlight key areas of difference and disagreement.
Thorough and even-handed, Five Views on the Church and Politics will enable readers to consider the strengths and weaknesses of the most significant Christian views on political engagement and to draw their own, informed conclusions.
Five Views on the Church and Politics
• Series: Counterpoints – Bible and Theology
• Series Editor: Stanley N. Gundry
• General Editor: Amy E. Black
• Contributors: J. Brian Benestad, Robert Benne, Bruce L. Fields, Thomas W. Heilke, James K. A. Smith
• Publisher: Zondervan (2015)
- ISBN: 9780310524625
- Categories: Theology
- Min Acc Version: 10.4
Where to Find
Five Views on Church and Politics (Counterpoints Series) is included with the following packages
|Primary Collections||Coll13-EngMaster0720||English Master Collection (July 2020)||38699|
|Biblical Studies||Views-8 Counterpoints||8 Volumes of the Zondervan Counterpoints Series (Release 3)||125.92|
There are no reviews yet.