New Interpreter’s Bible 12-Volume Commentary
For more information, see this release announcement.
The New Interpreter’s® Bible offers critically sound biblical interpretations for the 1990s and beyond. Guided by scholars, pastors, and laity representing diverse traditions, academic experience, and involvement in the Church, this entirely new collection of writings is specifically prepared to meet the needs of preachers, teachers, and all students of the Bible.
With the scholarship of over 60 contributors, this commentary series covers the entire Bible – including the Apocrypha / Deuterocanonical books. An additional 30 contributors provide further insight through scholarly articles relating to Old Testament and New Testament issues.
- A detailed, critical Commentary and Reflections (a detailed exposition growing directly out of the Commentary)
- Coverage of the entire Bible in twelve volumes
- Includes the Apocryphal books (* See Note Below)
- New material specifically prepared to meet the needs of today’s preachers, teachers, and students of the Bible
- The ecumenical roster of contributors includes top scholars and emerging new voices
- Contributors draw upon a variety of approaches
- Numerous visual aids (illustrations, maps, charts, timelines) enhance understanding and ease of use
- Introductions to each biblical book cover essential historical, literary, sociocultural, and theological issues
- Volume I: General & Old Testament Articles, Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus (1994)
- Volume II: Numbers, Deuteronomy, Introduction to Narrative Literature, Joshua, Judges, Ruth, 1 & 2 Samuel (1998)
- Volume III: 1 & 2 Kings, 1 & 2 Chronicles, Ezra, Nehemiah, Esther, Tobit, Judith (1999)
- Volume IV: 1 & 2 Maccabees, Introduction to Hebrew Poetry, Job, Psalms (1996)
- Volume V: Introduction to Wisdom Literature, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Song of Songs, Wisdom, Sirach (1997)
- Volume VI: Introduction to Prophetic Literature, Isaiah 1-39, Isaiah 40-66, Jeremiah, Baruch and the Letter of Jeremiah, Lamentations, Ezekiel (2001)
- Volume VII: Introduction to Apocalyptic Literature, Daniel, The Twelve Prophets (1996)
- Volume VIII: New Testament Articles, Matthew, Mark (1995)
- Volume IX: Luke, John (1996)
- Volume X: Acts, Introduction to Epistolary Literature, Romans, 1 Corinthians (2002)
- Volume XI: 2 Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 1 & 2 Thessalonians, 1 & 2 Timothy, Titus, Philemon (2000)
- Volume XII: Hebrews, James, 1 & 2 Peter, 1-3 John, Jude, Revelation (1998)
Note: The NIB Commentary does not cover ALL the books of the Apocrypha as represented in the NRSV translation. There is no commentary, for instance, on 1 and 2 Esdras or 3 and 4 Maccabees.
7/11/14 Update: The 2.0 update of NIB-OT adds page numbers.
7/13/14 Update: The NIB-NT is released with page numbers already included.
For more detailed information on the contents of the NIB, please see this article.
New Interpreter’s Bible
A Commentary in Twelve Volumes
• Editor: Leander E. Keck
• Publisher: Abingdon Press (2001)
- Editors: Leander E. Keck
- Authors: Abraham Smith, Andrew T. Lincoln, Anthony J. Saldarini, Ben C. Ollenburger, Bruce C. Birch, C. Clifton Black, Cain Hope Felder, Carol A. Newsom, Choon-Leong Seow, Christopher C. Rowland, Christopher R. Seitz, D. Edmond Hiebert, Daniel J. Simundson, Daniel L. Smith-Christopher, David L. Bartlett, Dennis T. Olson, Donald E. Gowan, Duane F. Watson, Eileen M. Schuller, Elizabeth Achtemeier, Francisco O. García-Treto, Fred B. Craddock, Gail R. O’Day, Gale A. Yee, Gene M. Tucker, Irene Nowell, J. Clinton McAnn Jr., J. Paul Sampley, James D. G. Dunn, James L. Crenshaw, Katheryn Pfisterer Darr, Kathleen A. Robertson Farmer, Kathleen M. O’Connor, Lawrence M. Wills, Leslie C. Allen, Luke Timothy Johnson, M. Eugene Boring, Michael Kolarick, Morna D. Hooker, N. T. Wright, Patrick D. Miller, Pheme Perkins, Philip H. Towner, Phyllis Trible, R. Alan Culpepper, Ralph W. Klein, Raymond C. Van Leeuwen, Renita J. Weems, Richard B. Hays, Robert A. Bennett, Robert B. Coote, Robert Doran, Robert W. Wall, Ronald Clements, Samuel Pagán, Sidnie White Crawford, Terence E. Fretheim, Thomas B. Dozeman, W. Eugene March, Walter Brueggemann, Walter C. Kaiser Jr.
- Publisher: Abingdon Press
- Bible Book: 1Maccabees, 2Maccabees, Additions to Daniel, Additions to Esther, Apocrypha, Baruch, Judith, Letter of Jeremiah, New Testament, Old Testament, Sirach / Ecclesiasticus, Solomon, Tobit, Wisdom
- Level: Pastor, Semi-technical, Student
- Tradition: Interconfessional, Protestant
- Categories: Commentaries
The following modules and groups are included when you purchase this package.
|Commentaries||NIB-NT||New Interpreter’s Bible: Volumes VIII-XII (New Testament)||0|
|Commentaries||NIB-OT||New Interpreter’s Bible: Volumes I-VII (Old Testament, Apocrypha)||0|
Where to Find
New Interpreter's Bible 12-Volume Commentary is included with the following packages
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngMaster1016||English Master Collection (Accordance 12) (October 2016)||24999|
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngMaster0117||English Master Collection (Accordance 12) (January 2017)||25799|
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngMaster0417||English Master Collection (Accordance 12) (April 2017)||26799|
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngMaster0717||English Master Collection (Accordance 12) (July 2017)||27999|
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngMaster1017||English Master Collection (Accordance 12) (October 2017)||29999|
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngMaster0218||English Master Collection (Accordance 12) (February 2018)||30899|
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngMaster0518||English Master Collection (Accordance 12) (May 2018)||31599|
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngMaster0818||English Master Collection (Accordance 12) (August 2018)||33399|
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngMaster1118||English Master Collection (Accordance 12) (November 2018)||33999|
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngMaster0319||English Master Collection (Accordance 12) (February 2019)||34399|
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngMaster0519||English Master Collection (Accordance 12) (May 2019)||35549|
|Primary Collections||Coll13-EngMaster1119||English Master Collection (Accordance 13) (November 2019)||36999|
|Primary Collections||Coll13-EngMaster0420||English Master Collection (Accordance 13) (April 2020)||37499|
|Primary Collections||Coll13-EngMaster0720||English Master Collection (July 2020)||38699|
|Add-on Bundles||All-in-All 1Q15||All-in-All Accordance Program (1st Quarter 2015)||15999|
|Add-on Bundles||All-in-All 2Q15||All-in-All Accordance Program (2nd Quarter 2015)||16999|
|Add-on Bundles||All-in-All 3Q15||All-in-All Accordance Program (3rd Quarter 2015)||18699|
|Add-on Bundles||All-in-All 4Q15||All-in-All Accordance Program (4th Quarter 2015)||19999|
|Add-on Bundles||All-in-All 1Q16||All-in-All Accordance Program (1st Quarter 2016)||21249|
|Add-on Bundles||All-in-All 3Q16||All-in-All Accordance Program (3rd Quarter 2016)||23999|
There are no reviews yet.